• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Apps for the Razr

HTTR

Android Enthusiast
Jan 9, 2012
Virginia
Hey folks,

As I am still kind of new to the device I am always searching for the best apps and new stuff that people have used and enjoy. I did not see this posted, if so I apologize.

Maybe we can just keep a list of apps that seem to play well with the device based on first hand user experience. Maybe list 3 or so that you have found to be great apps.

I will start with five..(my phone is still stock, so if an app only works in rooted devices, list that)

Go Launcher EX..great for customization, themes. Many options.

Camera Zoom FX..nice camera app with a lot of customization options.

Tapatalk..great for quick forum reads and posts.

Dragon Go..pretty slick for local look ups, food, places, searches. voice.

K9 email..multi accounts, good uder interface, works with Go notifications

I'm not a big app hog, most of what I use is stock on the phone, but I'd recommed

Go Launcher (I couldn't get used to the Blur launcher, the 'all apps' button was just in the wrong place).
Tiny Flashlight (great for when you find yourself in the dark somewhere)
CPU Spy, for when you're wondering what your phone has been up to. :)

If rooted, Titanium Backup.

Upvote 0
Sleep Time Recorder, My Backup Pro, Converter, Exchange Rates, Retro Calculator, AK Notepad, SPB Brain Evolution, Tap Glider, RacingMoto, Folder Organizer, HomeSmack, PowerAMP, QuickPic, Sleep Hacks, Wallpaper Set & Save, Sporty Pal, Clock Sync, Translate, AdFree, Elixir Widgets, Dialer One, Barcode Scanner.

I used to use dialer one... I found touch pal dialer and couldn't go back... But that was before moto. I actually like the stock dialer on the razr.

Upvote 0
Hmm not quite what I'm looking for. Is there one that's a widget that can 1-press switch it from 3G to 4G LTE? Preferably with a graphic that shows me which I'm currently using at a glance. If got a Wi-Fi widget that does just that, and was hoping for something similar.

I've seen lots of request for a widget like that, so far nobody has found one, that I've seen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones