• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy called, and they're opening early!

I'm in Brooklyn as well, and haven't received a call, myself. What Best Buy did you go to? I first tried the BB Mobile in Union Square, but their systems were down, so I had to go preorder at the one on 23rd and 6th.

Did it at the Best Buy right off the Belt Pkwy, near Ceasers Bay. Really nice girl helped me out, I'll be looking for that call next week. That is unless Radio Shack calls me first. All I know is I want an EVO on the 4th

Upvote 0
Got my call yesterday and just my luck I missed it cause I wanted to be as far from my cell phone as possible. Called back today and got a 6:30PM appointment which is perfect so I can have plenty of time to get out of work and get down there and get ready for a fun night.
I have my appointment set at 5:30. I was thinking about taking the day off if I could get a time early in the morning, but all they had was stuff after 12:00. :(

Upvote 0
My best buy (Lexington, SC) also told me they were opening early and currently in the process of setting appointments. I pre-ordered on the 22nd and the mobile employee told me that the 22nd was the cut-off date for June 4 pre-order sales - so (crosses fingers) I'm awaiting my appointment call.
Also, he said that they do not normally carry the Plantronics 230 headsets - so they're getting a special shipment to give out to the first people... while supplies last.

Upvote 0
Some of you are being little babies! I wont be able to get my phone until 4:30pm!

If i were gaurenteed at 4pm i would be happy. The problem is that when a company outsells preorders then doesnt set appointments then it becomes a situation where i have to get there before the other preorder people get there. Either way someone with a preorder will not be getting a phone.

Upvote 0
Best Buy mobile just called me to set up my appointment also told me they where opening yearly as well, I ask about how many pre orders they got, she said alittle over 30, also ask me if i wanted the screen protecter and that they will put it on if i wanted them to. I took the early morning appointment. This is the Westminster, Co Best Buy. Oh, i was'nt sure who was calling my cell #, i did'nt reconize it just answer it and said this is so-so from Best Buy mobile want to set up a appointment, we maybe busy that day.

Upvote 0
I live in a tiny town (College Station) that shrinks like crazy in the summer (college town), but I called my Best Buy and they said they would take appointments if people called in and asked.

I called and have an appointment for 8am. Store hours open at 9am.

So, it's worth a shot to atleast call your Best Buy and see if they can set up the appointment if they haven't called you already...

Upvote 0
I received awesome news today! I got off work early (due to the holiday) so decided I would stop by BB on the way home to see if they had the mock up of the Evo, just so I could hold it in my hands for myself. When i got there mobile was extremely slow, found the mock phone (attached to a tether unfortunately, but I knew it would be), rep came over and asked what brought me in, I pointed to the phone I was holding. She asked if she could help so I asked if plans had changed about opening early. her comment was, "actually we just found out today that we will be opening at 7AM". SWEET!!! I promptly asked her if I could move up my scheduled appt from 10:30 (due to need to get out of town for 6 hour drive). I now have an 8AM appt!! THANK YOU BEST BUY.... 1 week left!

Upvote 0
Yeah I talked to my BB a few times and they kept saying no appointments, they'd open at normal time. But, I got a call tonight to set up my appointment. They're starting at 7:30am, I picked the 8:30 one just so I wouldn't have to wake up early. ;)

They're gonna call back on Wednesday next week to do a credit check and see what accessories they have in stock and which I want, they'll hold them until I pick up the phone. She also said they could handle the employee discount then too (by taking my info and mailing me a form to my work address).

She confirmed they'd be giving a free blue tooth headset which earlier they wouldn't give any specifics, but wouldn't include a car charger which had been mentioned.

Upvote 0
My Best Buy called me this afternoon to set up my appointment, offered to put on an invisible shield for me, and told me they were opening at 8am.. but they were full till 8:45am. I gladly took the 8:45am!

I have pre-warned friends and family to not talk to me that day. I will be far too busy checking everything out, playing, and learning my way around the Evo & Android.

I think I'm more excited than a kid at Christmas. Hurry June 4th!:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones