Best case for the Milestone?Tips

Last Updated:

1. jreid

jreid Member This Topic's Starter

Well I picked up a cheapy leather pouch style case for my Milestone on ebay, unfortunately its one of those ones with the magnetic flap which seems to be sensitive enough to trigger the magnets used for detecting if the phone is in a multimedia station or a car dock. If I put the phone into the case top first, it shows 'connecting to multimedia station' in the notifications panel, if I put it in the other way it launches the 'moto car home' app (even if the phone is locked and screen off, it launches, turns on the screen and unlocks it).

So the question is, whats the best case that works and won't cause issues? Telus so far doesn't have any actually stocked that I've found, and the one they list on the site looks suspiciously like the one I got. I'd prefer one with a belt clip but its not essential.

Advertisement
  2. ayshjeff

ayshjeff Active Member

Magnetic flap is certainly not for your choice.

Shall you don't use the dock, you could choose some silicon/plastic cases from your local detailers. It's up to your perference. Make sure that you could flip your keyboard out and all buttons/camera could be operated properly.

Shall you use Milestone with media station, you need choose InvisibleShield, which won't affect your Milestone injected into the dock.

3. Brendanmurphy

Brendanmurphy Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor and do not use the invisible shield on the screen. I have had 2 other invisible shields 1 on my Dream and 1 on my magic. Those were fantastic. But the one for the droid/milestone i just installed today and its horrible. Degraded the touch sensitivity immensely and feels horrible to the touch. It feels like a different plastic.

Also the cut out of this one was pretty bad. Im leaving it on for now but i am ordering a mirror screen shield and installing it as soon as i receive it

4. goldengraham

goldengraham Member

Hi,

I use the HTC G1 case and I'm really pleased with it. If it helps anyone I've attached some pics of it with the Milestone.

And I agree with Brendanmurphy about the Invisible Shield. It makes the touchscreen harder to use and I also found it effected the clarity of the screen too, so I've removed it. Would not recommend :(.

Attached Files:

5. dancedreamfly

dancedreamfly Well-Known Member

I'm using the Seidio Innocase for the Droid. barely adds any bulk.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

6. lilac

lilac Active Member

I can honestly say I wouldn't recommend the Amzer Rubberized Black Snap on Crystal Case (bought here: Amzer Rubberized Black Snap on Crystal Hard Case For Motorola - Motorola MILESTONE - Cases).

I've had it for less than a week and the bit that snaps onto the screen has already wedged itself loose and won't snap back on again. I got it as a quick (and cheap) solution after dropping my Milestone and afraid of doing it again based on how clumsy I am. However, it really wasn't worth the money. And it actually looks a lot cheaper and is a lot more bulky in person than it does on the site.

I'm wondering now if I should just have a case to slide the phone into. Still not sure. I am definitely interested in hearing others people's opinions and experiences though.

7. Brendanmurphy

Brendanmurphy Well-Known Member

lol i am currently using that aswell until this Swiss Bank Wallet Case for Motorola Clutch DROID CLIQ on eBay.ca (item 390164270909 end time 08-Mar-10 16:09:05 EST) comes in the mail

8. FyshStyx

FyshStyx New Member

9. actng

actng Member

10. mrjam3s

mrjam3s Well-Known Member

I like this one better than the VZW version.

11. lonesomefolly

lonesomefolly Active Member

Buying a screen protector for the milestone is silly.

YouTube - Motorola Droid Scratch Test

I've had the phone for four months or so, I keep it in my jeans or in my messenger bag, and there isn't a single scratch.

12. actng

actng Member

which one is the vzw one?

13. ciprian.topala

ciprian.topala New Member

@lonesomefolly
    man you're something. I did buy a screen protector for aprox. 10$ just in case. you have some guts doing the scratch test like that.

14. lilac

lilac Active Member

15. ColHavoc

ColHavoc Well-Known Member

It's not the most stylish case out there, but if you are from Canada at Zellars they sell a cheap nylon/pleather velcro case for $10.

16. perfidious.alibi

perfidious.alibi New Member

Just picked up the otter case for about $40.
    http://www.otterbox.com
    Great case, fits perfectly.
    No beltclip, rubber lining, hard plastic shell
    Screen protector included.

17. julzzzz

julzzzz New Member

im getting the seidio innocase! im waiting for it to arrive, anyone have word on it?

18. pronto

pronto Member

I picked up a cheapo clear case on Fleabay. Moulding was a bit ropey in terms of the clasps which cling onto the phone were a bit roughly finished (not on inside, but on the outside - causing the various clasps to scrape against the keyboard and the back of the screen when slid out), but 5 minutes with sandpaper and I was set. I don't need heavy-duty protection, just something that protects against the occasional contact that the phone might have against bits of metal etc but can be used without removing it from the case. The otterbox looks good, and if this case proves easily breakable (at the moment it doesn't look like it) I will likely go for that.

For those who're saying they don't need cases: Thing is with properly made phones like the Milestone and many Nokias (and definitely unlike the iPhones), they'll likely tolerate at least a year of use uncased without looking too secondhand if you're not too rough on them. But in fact, if you look - you'll notice areas of wear. I'd rather be able to sell it on or give it away when I'm done with this phone in near-pristine condition.

19. CuE_32

CuE_32 Member

20. actng

actng Member

pics and/or link please

21. Mr.Wiggles

Mr.Wiggles Active Member

22. golgarth

golgarth New Member

I wish there was a case that would allow me to put the phone in the car dock and the home dock without removing it. I do alot of driving and removing/installing the phone into the case 20 times a day is a chore.

Saying that, 6 months on mine has no marks/scratches on the screen, but the metal around the edges is showing signs of wear.

23. tazd

tazd Member

Just got a Body Glove for my milestone and glad i did for me it beats any case out there.

24. dunjamon

dunjamon Well-Known Member

I've got an OtterBox case. It's a bit pricey, but it has little rubber inserts for all the ports and covers the buttons. Well worth the cash I reckon.

25. AznProto

AznProto New Member