best case or cover for hero - invisible shield?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. mrtimo

mrtimo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What is the preferred case for the Hero? The invisible shield looks cool, but is it enough to protect from drops?
    A simple cheap black silicon cover could be good, or is the innocase II worth the extra money?

Something else I should consider?

Advertisement
  2. h0ws0fpain

h0ws0fpain Member

I bought the black silicon from Best Buy when i bought the phone. They tried to also sell me screen protectors but I didnt want to pay that much. I love the silicon case and I think it does a good job protecting my hero from scratches on the case. Although I rarely take it out of the silicon case (to clean the dust out of it and fondle my phone with no protection:D) so take that for what its worth. As far as screen protection, from what I've read around here and from personal experience the screen is pretty strong and does well against scratches. I put one on that my sister gave me for christmas and didnt like the way it looked also its hard to get all the little dust particles out....at least for me, so I took it off.

3. flammenwurfer

flammenwurfer Well-Known Member

]I originally got a rubberized hard case. I liked it, but I still thought I could find something better and I did!

HTC Sprint Hero TPU Flexi Graphic Skin Case - Smoke Check

I suggest one of these TPU cases. They're sort of a hybrid of a hard case and a silicon case. They are flexible but more rigid than silicon. I REALLY like mine.

4. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

hope your sister doesn't read this forum...lol

5. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

Innocase, hands down! I am a longtime user of Seidio products and have not found anything better in my opinion.

6. meangreengdub

meangreengdub Well-Known Member

Does it have a design on the back? How does it work as far as getting it in and out of your pocket? Lastly, any way you can take a pic?

7. flammenwurfer

flammenwurfer Well-Known Member

8. SilHero

SilHero Well-Known Member

i use the Body glove case from Sprint on my Hero. Other than the rubber tearing a bit at the corners, not a big deal at all, its great. at first i thought the rubber feel would not allow for a quick removal from my pocket but there is not.

the only problem i guess is that it makes the phone a little more bulky.

9. jamesdal1

jamesdal1 Member

I got my body glove from Sprint. I first thought I paid too much but it was $15 for 2 of them. Not bad. I dropped my phone the other day and not one scratch. I was impressed at how good it did. I don't like the hard cases b/c they are too bulky for me.

10. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

I use the Seidio Innocase combo and the IS screen cover. The Innocase is one of the best looking cases I have seen for a phone.

11. chino0131

chino0131 Active Member

I must agree, Innocase is great IMO. I've had them for my Blackberries and my Palm Pre. They dont add much bulk and look good. What i really like about the company itself is that if you don't like the product, or there seems to be a defect or problem they will send you a new one for free. There website says you have a certain amount of time to file for a replacement, but if your concern is legitimate they'll send you a new one.

12. mrtimo

mrtimo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone used the InvisibleShield for the full body? I think this would be the least bulky, but I question how the phone would fare if I dropped it with only an invisible shield on it.

13. LLWesMan

LLWesMan Well-Known Member

I have it, very happy with it so far, it's tacky in texture and I haven't dropped it much... knocked on wood.

14. mkhopper

mkhopper Well-Known Member

I concur about the Innocase II
    It looks great, feels good and doesn't add much bulk at all. If dog forbid I ever drop the phone, this case looks like it will take anything.

I also use GhostArmor for a screen protector. I applied it about 2 months ago and there's no peeling or "orange peel" bumpiness. Smooth as glass.

15. rdisanza

rdisanza Well-Known Member

16. cyberweasel

cyberweasel Member

I have one of those too. Got a swanky deal, so I couldn't resist. I have a phantom skinz on it already, and really it doesn't allow the TPU case to fit PERFECT but NEAR perfect. I'm not ready to peel it off though. But it feels great in your hand. Total thumbs up from me.

It DOES have the diamond/checkered design on the back. Lint and dust will rear their heads soon enough. I hope they start making solid colored ones sans designs.

EDIT: Oh and if you search on eBay, be careful of seller NakedCellPhone. They have a picture that has the checkered pattern POORly Photoshopped out, but when you scroll down, they DO have a picture showing the checkered pattern and they mention it. Just kinda shady to try and trick someone not looking closely.