Best Compass app?Support

1. goalc

goalc Well-Known Member

Hi, my wife wants a compass app on her phone (I think this is so she knows which way to walk to the most expensive shops, and becuase her friends with iPhones have them :D).... as it appears that there is not one on the SGS, can anyone reccommend the best one to download?

I presume that they are all as accurate as each other, but are there any that have any nice additional features?

Thanks for your help

Advertisement
    :
  2. kalpik

kalpik Well-Known Member

The app named "Compass"?
  3. goalc

goalc Well-Known Member

Ah, is that a clue in the name lol ;)

Wifey said she found a couple of Compass apps on the market so I thought there was more than one...?
  4. seepage

seepage Well-Known Member

Marine Compass is quite nice.
  5. jollygoon

jollygoon Well-Known Member

Smart compass is a good one too. I like it when you hold the phone perpendicular to the ground it shows what your heading is.
  6. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

You think your wife has problems...... mine uses it along with SatNav just to navigate the car out of the garage. :D

Seriously, another vote for Compass.
    Not only does it show six different compasses and four different backgrounds but at the top it shows your position by name then underneath a Lat&Long co-ord, Notes (req 3banana Notes) but a very good settings where in the notes you can also add Altitude, Direction, Address, Location & Speed.
  7. goalc

goalc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips... she downloaded Compass - and now it appears that the real reason she wanted it is that she has seen a new house that she wants and she wanted to see which way the garden faces !!! :eek:
  8. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Haaaa. Haaaaaaaa..... Love it.
    No one will ever understand how a Woman's Mind actually works.
    I've been married for 35yrs and I'm still learning the consequences of asking.....[​IMG]
  9. goalc

goalc Well-Known Member

I love that cartoon - that is soooooo true :D