• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best IM App that stays logged in?

niles08

Lurker
Jan 2, 2013
I am new to the forums(first post, yayy), and am registering for the simple purpose that I have had a droid for the past year and my work communicates alot through AIM messenger. I have been searching for an app that has AIM that stays connected and I dont miss messages in. Before I had an App killer, and I got rid of that thinking the app killer was just killing the app, but I have tried Meebo,IMO,IM+, Ebuddy, and the AIM app and am looking for some suggestions as it seems that i always miss messages. Countless times we run into the problem where somebody will send me a message, and I will log out of AIM and log back in and the message will appear, otherwise it never comes through. Can somebody please help me figure this out as to why my phone is doing this?

I have a droid pro if that matters at all.

Thank you!

First, I'd say ditch app killers...they do more harm than good. Second, I haven't used an IM app for awhile, but when I did, trillian seemed to work pretty well. All the apps you mentioned (including trillian) have their quirks, but I'd suggest getting rid of your app killer first and then trying those apps again and seeing which one works the best for you. From my experience in the past, I had the best luck with trillian and IM+.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones