• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Keyboard App.

I honestly think trace-style keyboards could eliminate 'text slang' entirely. Since it's actually FASTER to write correctly and they auto-capitalize, I wouldn't be at all surprised if once these types of keyboards become more commonplace things like "r u here?" will go away.

I also tend to type full sentences, but I don't think "txt slang" will go away because I have the 160 character limit. Even if I have unlimited txt, the recipient may not and I usually try not to spill over into another message.

I only wish there was a way I could swype everything. But I still have to tap out stuff sometimes like numbers, acronyms, passwords (I dont really want that in the dictionary).

Also, I wish it was easier to go back and edit txt. my finger is too big to place the cursor where I want and using the optical pad is slow. Maybe we'll get the magnify glass like in the browser someday. ofcourse thats not a swype thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones