• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best no contract phone?

surgerush

Android Enthusiast
Oct 18, 2011
New York State
What is the best no contract phone currently available? I'm currently on Virgin Mobile for $35 a month with the Optimus V. The only important things are unlimited text and unlimited data, or at least a few gb of data. I've had the phone for less than a month, but after getting into these things, I'm already interested in maybe upgrading. Thanks in advance.

What is the best no contract phone currently available? I'm currently on Virgin Mobile for $35 a month with the Optimus V. The only important things are unlimited text and unlimited data, or at least a few gb of data. I've had the phone for less than a month, but after getting into these things, I'm already interested in maybe upgrading. Thanks in advance.

The best thing to do is to have a really good look around in offers, over here in the uk we have t-mobile, orange, vodafone, 3, virgin and 02.

Im on 02, on a no contract for

Upvote 0
I'm actually looking into the best phone, not necessarily the best plan. I want to know which no contract plan offers the best Android cell phone/phones. I like the Optimus V, but something a bit faster would be nice.
T-Mobile Prepaid Monthly 4G 100 Talk, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Web (first 5GB at 4G, then throttled) for $30. Since it's GSM, you have a wide selection of devices to choose from. You're not limited to just the phones that T-Mobile carries (albeit, T-Mobile's selection is pretty decent). Caveat, if you buy unlocked, you might not get 3G with some phone models.

Reactions: surgerush
Upvote 0
That is a nice plan... Definitely something I will be looking into. I like the Galaxy S... But ok, what would be the best unlocked phone to go with that that would still support 4g?
The best? For now, the Samsung Galaxy S II, most likely. :p The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is also a nice option when it gets released (probably going to be a few months). That said, for smaller budgets, the Galaxy S 4G is a pretty decent phone. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones