• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best ROOT for GS4 (L720T) 5.0.1 NO KINGO!!

Slumerican97

Lurker
Oct 8, 2016
I have a Sprint Galaxy S4 (SPH-L720T) on Version 5.0.1, now I say no Kingo because at one point I used the Kingo Root APK w/o PC to Root my Galaxy on 5.0 I believe, well I unrooted it with Superuser I think and my system update still kept failing so I used Smart Switch on PC and updated to 5.0.1 finally. Well I used the PC Version of One Click Root from Kingo to root directly after the update and afterwards my phone was lagging HORRIBLY and stuff was freezing the entire phone so I restarted it and it kept getting stuck at the Sprint SPARK screen so I assumed obviously I bricked my phone, so I DO NOT want to use Kingo One Click Root so what is the best software I don't care if I have to do it manually instead of One Click because I'm honestly a VERY fast learner and I'm incredibly careful with my stuff so please help anyone i want to ROOT because I like alot of the ROOTED only apps, I just don't want to have to restore my device again thanks!!!

Reactions: samishere6511
The best way would be to use TWRP. https://dl.twrp.me/jfltespr/

If you download the .tar you can flash with Odin. Once you boot into TWRP recovery it will ask you if you want to leave the system read only or make it writable. Make it writable. Then make a backup. After your backup is complete it will say something like "We noticed you don't have root, would you like to root the device?" Tell it yes. Reboot and you now have root and custom recovery to flash custom ROMs and make backups.

Reactions: Bg260
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones