• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best Taask Manager

rmp152

Jun 9, 2010
I have had my Moment for about 2 months now and was wondering about which is the prefered Task Manager?

My friend had the HTC Ares, and he touted TasKiller which I have been using, and I briefly used Advanced Task Killer before I really understood the purpose.

Any recommendations that are Moment specific?

FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android Geek For Me – Sprint Evo 4g & CDMA Hero

I've tried quite a few, and I really think my phone is better without them. I do use Auto Memory Manager, which is not a task killer in the common sense - it configures the Android system's internal task killer. It will set the memory level at which the system will kill a certain type of app. It is very configurable, and since it adjusts internal settings it is not something that runs all the time - you only have to run it when you want to tweak things. You do need root access for this app. I do have a Moment.

[UPDATE 22/2/10] Auto Memory Manager 1.2 released! - xda-developers
Forum

Upvote 0
FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android Geek For Me – Sprint Evo 4g & CDMA Hero

I've tried quite a few, and I really think my phone is better without them. I do use Auto Memory Manager, which is not a task killer in the common sense - it configures the Android system's internal task killer. It will set the memory level at which the system will kill a certain type of app. It is very configurable, and since it adjusts internal settings it is not something that runs all the time - you only have to run it when you want to tweak things. You do need root access for this app. I do have a Moment.

[UPDATE 22/2/10] Auto Memory Manager 1.2 released! - xda-developers
Forum

i tried that app and i returned back to advanced task killer by rechild. it just didn't close apps quick enough for me and i like as much as memory available as possible at all times so my phone stays fast. i fooled with it for a week using all the settings and to me its just easier to use a simple task killer to close apps when you want.

also im tired of ppl posting that thread everytime someone asks about task killers. android should have came with one already installed in the system. my phone batt last a lot longer with it then without it. imo that article is a bit misleading as its all theoretical on paper. thats how android should perform but it doesn't as all apps aren't properly programed to follow those procedures.

Upvote 0
I got ATK, but it doesn't seem to keep things closed. I have to hit it every time I use the phone, constantly. And it doesn't tell me until I hit the widget how much space I was using.

As for TasKiller, I've noticed that if I hit the widget, mini or not, it kills my connection for a second or two each time. Is there something that I am accidentally killing that I shouldn't? That doesn't happen with any other one.

My only complaint about 2.1 is that I can't get my old settings the way they were and my battery is only really lasting 10- 12 hours from moderate use before I need to recharge it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones