• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best way to free up RAM?

robles4242

Sep 14, 2014
USA
Im running the rooted z5 and i debloated pretty much everything i can get rid of without harm and only installed ny minimal apps i use daily.

I have greenify to hibernate my apps im not usig aymt the moment. But ny phone still only shows very minimal RAM available. My question is, how do i free up more RAM, and keep my phone its most optimal for performance?

Don't worry about it.

Android handles RAM differently than Windows. It's normal, desirable behavior for RAM to run around 75-80% full, maybe even a little higher.

Don't be tempted to use any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, cache cleaners, antivirus, etc etc. None of that stuff is necessary. They are counterproductive, waste power, disrupt system processes and degrade performance.

In short, don't micromanage your phone. Don't install software that attempts to either. Let Android handle things as intended. It will automatically optimize operation if you let it.

For more information on how Android handles multitasking, processes, RAM, etc automatically for you, read this post by one of the authors of Android:

http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2010/04/multitasking-android-way.html?m=1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reactions: Lordvincent 90
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones