• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Weather App??

I seem to change my weather app every few weeks (after reading through threads like this)... recently switched to: Palmary Weather for Android | AppBrain.com which I find very nice. Easily swipe from city to city. I have a shortcut to this app and one to Raindar, happy with that set-up (for now). Others I've tried:

Weatherbug Elite
Yahoo Weather
Elecont
Wunderground browser link

I think that Palmary one looks the best.

Upvote 0
I currently don't have a weather app on my phone, I rely on using the web if I need quick weather info or radar. One app that looks interesting is BeWeather even though it's a paid app. It relies on data from Weather Underground (my preferred weather source) for its info. I may consider this down the road (or just hope that it shows up as Amazon's free app of the day :p)

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bellshare.beweather&feature=search_result

BeWeather Pro is currently available for free as one of GetJar's Gold Star apps.

Upvote 0
I use GoWeather, which I haven't seen anybody use. I like the animated weather, forecast, and the straight-forward but pretty widget. And it gets its info from wunderground.

Another here for GoWeather. It's pretty accurate too. On a misty day last week, it told me that visibility was 1.6 miles. I could just make out a distant landmark from my 7th floor office window so I measured the distance with the GIS mapping software I use at work and WTF.....? It was exactly 1.6 miles away!

I combine that with a nifty little widget called AIX Weather which shows temp/rainfall/weather for the next 24 hours. It gets it's data from Norway of all places but again, it's very accurate.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Up untill now, I was using My-Cast weather. I found it less of a resource hog then Weather bug. It did basiclly the same thing. You could install a widget for radar, sat, forcast, etc. I ended up paying for the no add version I liked it so much. However.. HOWEVER (you listening Mycast people), I upgraded to the motorola Admiral XT602 today (sprint) and it DOES NOT WORK. It's incompatable. I'm kinda pizzed now. Sent email hoping to find out if they have a new version in the works, any work arounds or maybe, they will refund my money. I really liked this app but now, they are on my list. ;-(

Upvote 0
I just found this new awesome radar app guys. Its called Raindar:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ghvandoorn.Raindar&feature=search_result

Uses google maps, shows storm tracking, has a compass on it, allows you to change the reflective angle setting on the different radar images to eliminate "noise"....this app is awesome! Rainy Days who??? (plus rainy days just went add supported :mad:)

This app is perfect for long range travel in my motor home, just like having storm radar in my plane. This will give me live radar by my GPS location. With this and WC or WB you are set for a day on the road. THANKS for the link, it's just what I was looking for.

Upvote 0
The dev(s) behind Baconreader and TweetCaster put a weather app on the Market earlier this week. The app's name is 1Weather and it's beautiful as well as functional. It's not compatible with a lot of devices at the moment, but it works fine on my HTC Sensation.

The app works outside of the US (although radar is unavailable), but to install it you'll need to get the APK from Android Police.

Upvote 0
I tried this a couple days ago, looks like it could be a battery hog (very animated). I kept it about 5 minutes, back to this one.

The dev(s) behind Baconreader and TweetCaster put a weather app on the Market earlier this week. The app's name is 1Weather and it's beautiful as well as functional. It's not compatible with a lot of devices at the moment, but it works fine on my HTC Sensation.

The app works outside of the US (although radar is unavailable), but to install it you'll need to get the APK from Android Police.

Upvote 0
I'd like to find an app that basically does something similar to the stock HTC weather app that came with my Desire, ie a 4x3 widget where I can add several cities of my choice including My Location and which updates automatically at intervals of my choice - and which doesn't freeze all the time like the stock one does.

I've tried out the Beautiful Weather Widgets, but the largest one I could find was 4x1 and it hasn't updated the weather info in the past 24 hours (not even when I select refresh). Perhaps the paid one is better?

The Weatherbug widgets doesn't seem to go up to 4x3 and I don't seem to be able to have several cities in the actual widget.

This is also what I'm looking for - especially one that will allow me to switch IN THE WIDGET between cities.

Upvote 0
I don't think any will switch cities on the widget. Most will let you do multiple 1x1 widgets (1 for each location). I use this which has nice small widgets that you can show as little or as much on as you want. You tap the widget and the main app easily scrolls quickly through as many locations as you want to enter.

I'm finding I view local weather through a browser link more often. I have individual bookmarks on my screen to 2 or 3 pages here (like Conditions, Allergy Count, and the main page here):
KVUE NEWS Mobile pages are getting more "app like" eliminating the need for apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones