Best web browser?General

Last Updated:

1. NickDroid86

NickDroid86 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just downloaded dolphin hd seems real cool and full of features. Anything else real fancy but less memory? It took up 8.xmb

Advertisement
  2. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I really like xScope. The developer is very responsive. Usually posting in the apps section of the forum.

3. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

+1 Xscope is the best IMO. Simple, easy, no "fluff", just straight business. Tabbed browsing, multi touch.

4. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Downloading free version of Xscope now to try it out.
    Does paid version have a lot more options?

5. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I've found that the free version works well for me. I don't know what I'm missing by not having the paid version.

6. iggypop123

iggypop123 Well-Known Member

opera. its so amazingly fast. that is all i care about. no pinch zoom sucks cause that is its only flaw

7. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member

I like Opera. Especially since you can use the trackball as a mouse to scroll around on the web pages. It's a pretty fast browser too, when you're on a webpage and you need to go back like 3 pages, it goes back super fast and doesn't completely reload the page each time.

8. cboss

cboss Well-Known Member

Try SKYFIRE...it's great!

9. SoulWeaponry

SoulWeaponry Well-Known Member

I'm probably the only one that does this, but I use a combination of 3 different ones on almost a daily basis. pros and cons baby

opera is my main browser as of yesterday. its so fluid and quick in the way it loads and displays webpages its insane. it actually makes my system as a whole run better. when I'm typing on websites like this on the stock key board with any other browser , its nothing but laggy 2 word per minute typing. but this? as fast as I can type. I can do a solid 60 wpm on this sucker. and the quick loading of webpages? bonus

con: no pinch to zoom and it doesn't load everything perfect. sometimes it'll screw up javascript like on best buy's home page. but besides that, its smooth on an iPhone level

skyfire: I use this exclusively for flash and viewing desktop versions of websites. it loads everything super slow, but when I need the desktop version of a site like say, new York times, and there's no link at the bottom for the full site, I use this baby

con: super slow and ugly to look at

and stock: when I need to use javascript or drop down boxes on a website.

10. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

I kind of d the same thing, but with only 2: the stock browser and Opera. Opera for the speed and the stock browser for its functionality.

11. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

xScope. The paid version gives you more than 10 bookmarks.

12. Houstatlanavegas

Houstatlanavegas Well-Known Member

thats it??? and how much does this paid version cost...?

13. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

14. Houstatlanavegas

i guess.....

15. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

The stock browser is my favorite, and I've tried them all. Some browsers don't sync with the native android bookmarks (so the HTC bookmarks widget won't work with it), some browsers render pages wrong (Opera), and most browsers don't offer any substantial benefit over the stock browser and actually just introduce space hogging interfaces with features that your average person will never use. The new 2.1 stock browser is truly great. Multitouch, zooms in automatically when you click on an edit box, super fast, clean interface, etc. The 3rd party browser I'm really intested in is Firefox (Fennec), but until then I just can't find one I like better than the stock browser.

16. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie Well-Known Member

I went apeshit with joy when dolphin hd came out but I am slowly coming back to skyfire. Dont know if its the upgrades they may have done while I was playing with dolphin but skyfire just seems faster and cleaner.

I DO like xscope a lot though. I just wish firefox would get their act together and finish fennec.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

17. Houstatlanavegas

i was always a fan of dolphin browser but i got rid of it because of the new update needed more space since then i havent got it back but i still remeber how fast and the lil shortcuts you could do for different options.. i would recommend dolphin browser to anyone who has an eris...

18. BCEagle

BCEagle Active Member

I went through phases. On 1.5 I used Dolphin and then switched to Skyfire when it came out (could actually watch Youtube). I've heard countless people say how great XScope is, so I just downloaded it to try it out. Only used it for a few minutes, but I'm floored how good it is. Can't see myself using any other browser now.

19. VanDums

VanDums Well-Known Member

I still can't believe there isn't a Chrome browser. I use Chrome as my default on the computer because it is ridiculously fast to the point that Firefox seems like dial up. You would think a Chrome mobile would be a default on Android.

20. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

dolphin browser....not dolphin hd, not until they let me get rid of that ugly url box and tabs on top.

regular dolphin is the best browser....

period.

21. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

xScope for sure. Fast, simple, and easy.

22. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

I use XScope ..... but honestly I prefer the Stock Browser used in the ZENexp mytouch slide rom ....i like it so much i am considering going back to that ROM

23. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

I'm using dolphin HD...not a big fan. Too slow, switched back to opera. xScope rocks as well.

24. CalifJewls

CalifJewls Active Member

Agreed!! Stock browser for me! 2.1 browser is great!!

25. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

I agree, Google should get their ass moving and develop a mobile version of chrome.