• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Better Battery Management

Reverence

Android Enthusiast
Jun 21, 2010
My brother in law has the Droid X, and last night he was telling me how he switched his battery mode from performance to efficient or something like that and he showed me the feature in his menu settings. Is this something standard on Droid phones, or was it something that Motorola implemented in their interface that is lacking in HTC sense?

He says he has seen an improvement in his battery life, and seeing as so many people struggle with battery life with this phone I think it would be a nice feature to have. So just checking to make sure I'm not the only one missing this feature in my settings menu, or if there is another way to access it, lol.

Right now its just on the Moto X

If you are rooted you can use SetCPU to set up various profiles to underclock the processor during certain times. This will greatly extend your battery life.

Thank you for the information but I am not rooted and don't really intend to try and root my phone. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that hopefully the release of Froyo will help to improve battery life. I mean, it isn't that bad, but it definitely could be better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones