• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Better Image Gallery App??

Anyone have a suggestion for a good, lightweight image gallery app to replace the current one? I love stock one because of its looks and functionality, but it has a seriously hard time loading any images that are even remotely large, let alone displaying thumbnails for them. It just gives up on many images that it should be able to load.

Alternatively, a way to make the stock one run better and load all of my images would be greatly appreciated, too.

Ok, well, if anyone was wondering, I did get the problem solved. Several of my .jpegs were really high quality, even though they weren't that large in terms of pixels. Thus translating to a large filesize. I sized the troublesome images down to <1500 pixels max width/height, and/or <1mb. Now they load fine. I don't know why this would be a problem since the Camera shoots at 5mp and creates much larger images, but at least the problem isn't really a problem anymore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones