• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Better photo gallery? Recommend app?

popcon

Lurker
May 22, 2011
I'm a drummer. I bought a Kindle Fire HD specifically to show a single still image while I play. The image is to remind me which trigger pads on the kit play which sample, and these samples change from song to song.

Basically, workflow wise, I want to be able to load about 16 jpgs on the Fire, and be able to swipe through the images in order. "In order" is the key issue here, because I can't be frantically swiping through the entire list looking for the next song. I thought it would be easy to simply put a "01" through "16" in front of each file name, creating the set list order, and have the Fire list the images in order based on that file naming scheme. However, the stock photo tab just lists the images randomly, and there doesn't seem to be a way to "reorder" the images to sort by file name.

I got a third party app (don't remember the name) about 3 months ago that did work in this way, automatically ordering the images by name. However, I fired the unit up recently and it's missing from my Fire, and I can't find it in the market either. I guess the app got pulled for some reason?

Does anyone know of an app or workaround to this? Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones