• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beware (Launch time) 3rd Party Cases

Rxpert83

Dr. Feelgood
Aug 30, 2011
MN
From AP - It seems like case manufacturers know as little about phones as we do before the announcements. Many of the cases you see on Amazon and the like don't have the proper spacing in the cutout for the laser autofocus.

Chances are if you've bought one of these the manufacturers will give you your money back, but if you are planning on using a case when you get the phone make sure you don't have to go a few days without one while that situation gets sorted out.

Notice the difference between the one google promotes on its site and others available. You need extra space to the right of the flash LED

Good:
6p-case.png

Bad:
51rCpR4LryL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
I hate using a case, but decided to go with a black Adopted case until Google Fi Protection is offered on the 6P. The case is fine, except as others have noted, taking a screenshot is a bitch now. The case seems to cause issues w/the volume rocker differentiating between volume up or down. Other than making the phone look and feel bulky, it'll have to do for now. Missing my buck necked 6P...

nexus2cee_6p-adopted-protective.png

Upvote 0
yea, the case from Google's site (one w/ patterns on the back) has issues w/ taking screen shots

Verus has issues when trying to connect and disconnect the charger

Spigen rugged armor - from what i've seen in the review videos, the top lip is not flush against the phone.

can't any one manuf. get the aesthetics and functionality right??? seriously....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones