• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Big Big Problem

djaer

Lurker
May 30, 2010
Hello everyone
So I have a big problem here with my Nexus One
I tried to upgrade to CM 7.3 or something and now its stuck on the "X" screen.
My other problem is that the power button is broken.
I tried having the power button fixed but that didn't work. For some reason it still is non-functioning.
I CAN boot the phone by taking the battery out and putting it back in so i can launch it to the fastboot screen but I can't do anything else from there because the power button doesn't work
Is there any way i can boot directly into recovery without using the power button?
Can I somehow use my PC as a shell?
Is there any way to fix this

Hello everyone
So I have a big problem here with my Nexus One
I tried to upgrade to CM 7.3 or something and now its stuck on the "X" screen.
My other problem is that the power button is broken.
I tried having the power button fixed but that didn't work. For some reason it still is non-functioning.
I CAN boot the phone by taking the battery out and putting it back in so i can launch it to the fastboot screen but I can't do anything else from there because the power button doesn't work
Is there any way i can boot directly into recovery without using the power button?
Can I somehow use my PC as a shell?
Is there any way to fix this

There is an app in the market called Quick Boot that can restart into recovery, but you have to have root access. There are some other tips for dealing with a failing power button here:

Manage a Nexus One with Broken Power Button [Updated] AndroidGuys

Don't know what problem you are having with CyanogenMod.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones