• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bigger Battery-Eris-Which other battery works?

That battery adds 3-4 mm and will come with new battery door.Go to post 18 and click on the link there.

bah, well, are they making cases for these battery doors or do u use the same one you have now? all i want is a full days moderate usage w/o having to worry about the charge. i can get that now but i need to sacrifice things i'd rather not.

Upvote 0
i have the 1750 seidio battery, been using it over a month. works no problem, gave me roughly 30% more battery. the guy who posted earlier was referring to me i believe. worth the money imo.

This sounds great.. Seidio store is showing it for $50, and shipping on 1/10. Can you confirm the battery completely fits in the existing HTC Eris casing and that the sides close?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Considering someone does use a battery with more power in it for the Eris phone-that isn't designed specificly for the Eris, it brings up questions to mind..

Will the phone be able to handle..

1) ..a more powerful battery?
2) ..the increased heat?
3) ..a battery not designed specificly for the specs on the phone?

I think 1 & 3 might be the same. lol

Upvote 0
I took the battery plunge and ordered the big daddy, the 3500 from siedo today. ALso got a holster style clip for the phone too. Cant wait to see how it helps me with my battery, I won't mind the extra thickeness at all.. IN Fact, it will probably make it easier for me to hold the eris as there is more to it etc.. When I get it, I will make a video on it for everyone :)

Upvote 0
I took the battery plunge and ordered the big daddy, the 3500 from siedo today. ALso got a holster style clip for the phone too. Cant wait to see how it helps me with my battery, I won't mind the extra thickeness at all.. IN Fact, it will probably make it easier for me to hold the eris as there is more to it etc.. When I get it, I will make a video on it for everyone :)

I've been using the 3500 from seido for two days now and all I can say is it will be hard to drain this thing. As for the thickness of the phone, stand a nickel up next to your phone for comparison.

Upvote 0
I bought some aftermarket "Eris" batteries/charger that actually turned out to be HTC Touch Pro2 batteries. They fit the Eris fine though, and I've been using them without any problems for a couple weeks now. They DO make 3000-3600mAh batteries for the Touch Pro2, so I'm guessing they'd fit into the Eris fine... and they can be had for around $20 on eBay. Gotta get a back cover that will hold it in place though...

Upvote 0
I got my Eris about a week ago. Since then, I've been reading a LOT about the inadequacies of the battery. I have to agree. I started with 100% this morning at 6AM. Since then, I've done nothing except read one email, go out to my home screen 6 or 7 times and check my Status 8 times - and I'm currently at 67% at 3:30. Seems like a lot of deterioration for a small amount of usage. Anyway, as I've said, I've been reading a lot and have several comments/questions that I would appreciate feedback on.

I currently have my WiFi set to Never Sleep. I have a strong WiFi signal here at home. Does this make sense in terms of decreasing battery usage?
I have Advanced Task Killer installed. I have killed Footprints, VoiceDialer, Market, and Albums. I know I could kill others like Weather, but without those, what is the sense of having a SmartPhone? It would be like having a regular cell phone, wouldn't it?
I could buy a new, larger battery, but some people say that the 1750 size fits fine, others say that there is a gap and you need a case. Which is it or can it be that some fit correctly and others don't - and it's just a crapshoot?
I'm sure that I will find other questions that you all on the board can help me with, but any comments on these (for starters) would be most appreciated! Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones