• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

barb2023

Lurker
Sep 5, 2023
Hello. (Samsung Galaxy S7) All of the sudden this black bar appears at the bottom of my screen, ..it's a little bit over 1/8".....it doesn't bother me except can't see bottom of the icons on text messages and a few apps. My phone and battery are fine, and internet is fine except this black bar blocks things on some websites and text messeges. The phone is about 4 years old tops and works good.... Just feel like I did something to cause this black bar and want to find a solution. I have tried deleting apps, and doing alot of obvious things. i have researched it and can't find a solution...Thank you, Barb

Hello. (Samsung Galaxy S7) All of the sudden this black bar appears at the bottom of my screen, ..it's a little bit over 1/8".....it doesn't bother me except can't see bottom of the icons on text messages and a few apps. My phone and battery are fine, and internet is fine except this black bar blocks things on some websites and text messeges. The phone is about 4 years old tops and works good.... Just feel like I did something to cause this black bar and want to find a solution. I have tried deleting apps, and doing alot of obvious things. i have researched it and can't find a solution...Thank you, Barb
you have an s7. that is way older than 4 years. it came out in 2016. most manufacturers make the phones in large batches at the beginning of the release date and then they sit until it is sold. so we are talking about a 7 year old phone.

now that we got that out of the way. i would try rebooting the phone. and also you might want to consider doing a factory reset. make sure that you back things up as it will delete your data and files.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I am looking for solutions. I feel they are out there. I got the phone new in 2019. A factory reset is a last resort. I feel I can solve this problem with advise from someone that maybe had this same problem and solved it, I tried rebooting and a lot of things.
well it is either hardware or software. you can try putting the phone in safe mode and see if the issue persists. if it does continue than it is not a 3rd party app doing this and that something is wrong with the os......and a factory reset will help to determine this.

or it could be a hardware issue in which you can diy a pull the screen off and get it replaced. or get it fixed by a professional.....but....you are probably better off bying a new phone as repairs might be more than the cost of the phone now.

there is not much else you can do.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones