• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BlackBerry Key2!!

M

Member243850

Wow I am a bit excited about this one!

Has anyone else seen the news on the latest BlackBerry Key2?

There is what looks in the photo to be an early prototype - it says "NOT FOR SALE" on what looks like an early preview / prototype of the Key2:

https://crackberry.com/new-blackberry-athena-images-appear-hint-official-name-being-blackberry-key2

(It looks a liiiiittle bit on the cheap side though... hmmm)

I love BB Security it makes me peacefully sleep at night especially with all of my extremely sensitive documents that I send to clients and other confidential contracts that I send almost on a daily basis - this will make me happily sleep at night for that great security and peace of mind.

I dont like how it looks a little bit ... "cheap" / nasty or not such great build quality ... hmmmm.. :/

On another good side note there is also a chance that a new BlackBerry 9900 Bold will come out :D I must say I am an absolutely lover of BB OS 10 - but sadly my device was no longer being supported even though I love it so much :(

https://www.recode.net/2018/4/16/17...one-byod-security-kara-swisher-decode-podcast

I would much prefer a (many year) supported BB OS 10 device that has (FULL this time around) android support with Google Play Store so I can download any app that I want instead of the useless "android runtime" that BlackBerry made for OS 10 - it was terrible and very badly programmed sadly.

If BB plays their cards right they could have a massive winner on their hands with a rebirth BB OS 10 device... such incredible security and lovely productivity features of OS 10 - I really love OS 10 it is my favorite now for bullet proof security and incredible productivity... they must just make the Android side of things PROPERLY this time round and they will have a massive winner on their hands even if os 10 doesn't take off people will be very happy to have FULL Android Support.

I might want to wait and see a fresh rebirth of the BB Bold 9900 (I love my BB Classic so much!) that is done PROPERLY this time round :)

That will become my main daily driver for many years hopefully if it doesn't get dropped like OS 10 did :(

I think there is definitely a niche market here that they could seriously win big if they wanted to.

And if people are complaining about a speed drop because of the Android Runtime running in the background - the answer is simple - just make it an OPTIONAL downloadable option that the user can chose if they want it or not - done!

I need a minimum of 32gb and must have that full android integration or I won't be interested in it because the chances of failure are much higher.

They have already spent millions (perhaps billions? on OS 10 - may as well out source it to others to make some of that lost capitol back! :)

Who else here is excited about the BlackBerry Bold 9900 rebirth but with modern hardware and full android integration so that the "lack of apps" issue is thrown right out of the window?

But they had better not **** it up this time round.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones