• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blocked on Whatsapp ?

Lococorso

Lurker
Nov 4, 2022
Hello,

It looks like I have been blocked by à contact but I still the profile picture and the message I sent has been labelled with the two gray ticks, which would never turn blue. I also cannot see the online status.

So do you think I am blocked or the messages are just not read.

Thanks for your help

Does the contact show their online status? It's optional, not everyone does and someone may change their setting.

You can also turn off read receipts (blue ticks), though I don't know whether that would also turn off delivery receipts (grey ticks). Or someone might just not have read it - or might have read the notification and not opened the message (I sometimes do that, look at the notification on my watch, decide I've got the message and don't need to open the app, and I'm sure that the sender would see that as unread).

The truth is I don't know what being blocked looks like to the blockee: I imagine it doesn't tell you, but don't know exactly what you see. But what you see is not definitive, there are other things that can produce the same effect. If they continue not to read your messages at some point you may draw the conclusion that they aren't going to either, but jumping to that conclusion too soon can have bad consequences too (depending on the circumstances, which I don't know).

Upvote 0
Does the contact show their online status? It's optional, not everyone does and someone may change their setting.

You can also turn off read receipts (blue ticks), though I don't know whether that would also turn off delivery receipts (grey ticks). Or someone might just not have read it - or might have read the notification and not opened the message (I sometimes do that, look at the notification on my watch, decide I've got the message and don't need to open the app, and I'm sure that the sender would see that as unread).

The truth is I don't know what being blocked looks like to the blockee: I imagine it doesn't tell you, but don't know exactly what you see. But what you see is not definitive, there are other things that can produce the same effect. If they continue not to read your messages at some point you may draw the conclusion that they aren't going to either, but jumping to that conclusion too soon can have bad consequences too (depending on the circumstances, which I don't know).

Thanks for the answer. What puzzles me is that I still see the profile picture. I thought it cannot be seen once blocked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones