• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blue Tooth Lag...when Navigating

ewingr

Android Enthusiast
Apr 30, 2010
www.shuttermaster.co
I presume this is common but thought I'd ask.

When I have navigation going and am wearing my blue tooth, or using the blue tooth speaker from my visor, the first one to two words do not make it through the blue tooth.

For example, if it says "Turn right on main street", I'll here "right on main street". Some times I'll here "main street".

I am certain that it is missing those words, because I can listen w/o blue tooth and hear it all.

I am presuming that maybe it 'disconnects' the voice until it needs to use it, and it results in an lag.

Any one else seeing this, and have a known fix?

I found that there is BT lag with audio - video - so watching a show that is on the captivate - if i use BT sound - the audio is way behind the video - maybe 3 seconds.

I think all we can do is hope for an update and Samsung prioritizes BT audio.

I encourage you to open a bug with them on their contact us page or report to twitter or facebook.

Upvote 0
I think I may check out forums on other Android phones first. What I would like to know is if this is a SGS Derivative specific issue, or Android based (ie other Android phones too.)

But given the lack of response here, I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't that prevalent. I would expect many people who use GPS to use with a Blue Tooth (maybe I'm crazy). This is a bit frustrating.

Of course with all the gnashing of teeth over GPS, maybe nobody uses it at all :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones