• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BlueBo B3000 Android 4.0.4 kernel and fleshing problem

Boocy

Lurker
Jan 29, 2013
Hello,
I have problem with using RAM Expander application, it shows me error message that my kernel does not support using swapp file..
So I contacted developer and he told me that I should switch to cyanogenmod, well I have B3000 (chinese phone), and for this device there is no support.. And I think that if I install this mod I will loose my application for Analog TV tuner (and I can not find that one anywhere to download), and I have double SIM, So I also think that I will be able to use just one SIM card after I flesh my phone, (if I install ROM for some other device , if that is even possible)..

Anyway, if anyone have any suggestion I will be very grateful!

Regards,
Boocy.

First off you can't increase the RAM of your device without actually taking apart your phone and adding more hardware. RAM is a physical piece of hardware not some software.

Otherwise, like Davdi has said, if you install a ROM that isn't meant for your device more than likely you will make your device unusable.

Sorry :(, but welcome to the forums :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
First off you can't increase the RAM of your device without actually taking apart your phone and adding more hardware. RAM is a physical piece of hardware not some software.
You can add *virtual* RAM by using a swap file on unused flash memory. That's what the OP is trying to do. Not a true fix for lack of RAM as access is slower but it can be be helpful.

He probably is outta luck in this case though.

Linux user #266351. Android since v1.0

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones