• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Auto Start Problem

kmand

Mar 12, 2009
When my car bluetooth (ad2p) connects to my phone (Nexus 4, 4.4) it auto starts some player app which immediately starts playing. Which app it starts varies. This happens even if I am already playing audio from a different app and get double sound.

I don't seem to have any way to choose which app it should start, or whether it should start any app.

Probably, what I want is for it start nothing. Generally I have been listening to something on bluetooth headphones on the way to the car, I turn off the headphones which then switches to the phone speaker, and start the car which then picks up the running audio. Unfortunately most of the time I have to identify which app it started and stop it manually.

Any fix for this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones