• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth connect issues

flu13

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
I got a bluetooth headset for Christmas (Plantronics 855, fwiw). I usually leave it turned off and leave bluetooth off on my phone for battery conservation purposes. When I want to make a call on it or listen to something on it, I'll turn the headset on, then enable bluetooth on my phone. I usually see my headset listed and it says, "Paired but not connected." I click on it, then it says something like, "Connected to phone and media audio." All is well.

But the past couple of weeks, it's suddenly not worked right. I click on it, and it says, "Connecting..." but never does. Sometimes, it will eventually work. But the other day, I had to completely unpair it, repair it, and reconnect to it. It's a bit of a pain.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Before I washed the mono ear piece (DOH!), it worked 100% with my Moment. If you can, associate it with another (or more) phones to see if they have a similar problem. If it turns out to be the headset, I've found Plantronics to be a excellent company to deal with. I owned the 855 for 2 years, it's a good design, even after the stereo headset connection wore out. When I finally washed it and killed the mic I considered buying another. I was hopefull that Plantronics would update the design and beef up the connector, but they discontinued it without a direct replacement. The best I could do on a 855 was ~$40 and the Samsung WEP870 @ $7.88 was too good of a bargain to pass up. While it lacks the pause control of the 855, it has better sound and comfort. If things don't work out with the 855, it's an able (and cheap) replacement. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones