• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth connectivity issue is driving me insane!

daveandy1

Lurker
Apr 17, 2012
Hi all. Hoping some of you more tech savvy folks here can help me out with a plain english answer to what appears to be a complicated issue.

Obviously, I have the Droid RAZR, and it is the 16GB model, and I've had it since the beginning of February '12.

I use the Plantronics Marque M155 bluetooth. Had it since the end of February '12. I rely on it heavily at work.

However, over the past few weeks I have noticed a gradual increase in connectivity losses. My bluetooth speaks to me and says, lost connection. At first, it would lose the connection and I could just re-connect it. One tap of the button on the bluetooth will take care of that.

Then it became a thing of where it wouldn't reconnect, so I had to go into bluetooth settings, unpair the headset, put the headset in pairing mode, and re-pair it with my handset. A pain in the butt, but it would immediately re-connect.

Now, it won't do anything. Sometimes it will connect, sometimes it won't. Sometimes it will pair, most of the time it won't. It loves to lose the connection as soon as I place a call.

Lately, I can't talk for more than a few seconds before everything becomes all garbled and the bluetooth loses connection. The problem has now expanded to media playback as well.

I was watching a bit of Netflix and noticed that, even with full 4G coverage, playback and audio were stuttering, followed by the bluetooth disconnecting. Played over the phones speaker, Netflix works just fine.

Can one bluetooth device really wreak this much havoc? Or is something to do with my handset as well?

I've unpaired and re-paired this thing probably a few hundred times. Has that in some way contributed to the issue? Also, it should be noted.....I drive for a living, and at night. That seems to be the only time of day that I have issues. During the day, it will stay connected for the most part.

Distance isn't an issue. My bluetooth is on my ear (duh!) and my handset is in a shirt pocket.

I'm hoping that someone here can give me a straight answer, and in plain english. The Plantronics tech support wasn't all that friendly. They just suggested that I send it to them and wait for them to ship out a new one. Not really an option for me.

What I want to know is this. Is my bluetooth dead? It's not old. Is it something gone stupid with the RAZR? Is there some thing that I can reset on my non-rooted device, other than a master reset? HELP! Thanks.

This phone uses new Bluetooth 4.0. Cross reference protocols from the mot page and your bluetooth device.

I have some devices that are named protocol compliant, and I get uber long pairing, intermittent playing of music, and/or random drops.

I've opened up tickets with Moto, but they just keep closing them. 1 device is even a moto T505.

Reactions: PeninaD and Adauth
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones