• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth distortion on voice calls

fr0sty

Lurker
Dec 19, 2010
When using a bluetooth earpiece with my G2 the audio is severely distorted when the person on the other end speaks loudly. This happens at all volume levels and is the same with two different earpieces (Jawbone and Motorola).

The distortion is not evident from the phone's built-in earpiece. Turning the volume down or up has no effect on the amount of distortion, just the in-ear volume level. If I ask people on the phone to speak more quietly the distortion goes away but this is avoiding the problem, not fixing it.

Does anyone else experience the same issue?

Is there another volume setting I am missing?

I did some research and it appears that bluetooth in-call volume is applied on top of the normal in-call volume. If the normal in-call volume is high the bluetooth distorts at all volume levels and if the call volume is low it does not.

My current solution is to have tasker lower my in-call volume when I answer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones