• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth hands free and audio @ the same time?

arock

Jan 4, 2010
MD
Ok so I havent been able to try this yet and i was just wondering if anyone else has. If you have the phone connected to a handsfree bluetooth system in a car and are also using the phone to play music via an aux input through the headphone jack will they both work? I am just wondering if the bluetooth connectivity will override the fact that you have something plugged into the headphone jack. I will be able to try this in a couple weeks when i get my car back, but wasjust curious if anyone else already has tried it.

yup sure does.. My 09 Saturn Sky RL has bluetooth (not a2dp) so I plug the Droid into the 3.5mm aux and listen to music and nav through it, but when a call comes in it defaults to the car bluetooth.

I have recently added an a2dp bluetooth adapter to my iPod jack in the car. So now music and nav goes through the iPod adapter and phone calls come through the car factory bluetooth. Works flawlessly. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones