Bluetooth issues

Last Updated:

1. douglaslem88

douglaslem88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Hero's bluetooth intermittently disconnects and reconnects. I replaced the phone but am still having the same issue. Does anyone know if 2.1 will fix this issue. I have an Audi and their website says that the Hero is not supported with their cars. I never had any problems with my blackberry. I am within my 30 days and am wondering if I should return this and wait for the Hero2 or the Nexus.

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

If it is says it is not supported and does not work, then there is not much you can do. Don't keep the phone and hope there is a fix later (Instinct users know this all too well). Get something that you are happy with.

3. douglaslem88

Thanks, that sucks, I like the phone but need bluetooth to work

4. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

once we get the update it will be suported just like right now we cant bluetooth contacts but it should be suported in 2.1

5. douglaslem88

Does anyone know if Sprint will have a Hero 2 or Nexus soon?

6. jasoncain1978

jasoncain1978 New Member

I recently got the blueant Q1 bluetooth earpiece and it now supports a2dp music streaming.i know the sprint hero also supports a2dp so the problem is that I can't get the hero to send the music to my bluetooth.instead it plays the music through the external speaker of the phone.All other bluetooth functions work.I have contacted both blueant and sprint and no solution.I cannot find any issues about this on google neither.I consider myself an advanced tech user and this problem has got me at a stand still.I have also updated the blueant q1 to the newest firmware that allows for a2dp streaming.

7. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

My contacts transferred to my headunit just fine.

8. SamuraiBigEd

Wouldn't hold my breath. The Hero2, from what I have seen, is a 3rd or 4th quarter release. The Nexus One is up in the air, all I have seen is HTC is working on it, but nobody I can find at Sprint anywhere will admit to the possibility even.

9. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

was talking bout phone to phone ....;)

10. SamuraiBigEd

Oops!

11. Lovemerc

Lovemerc New Member

The BlueAnt Q1 does not function fully with either the HTC Hero or the BB 9630. I guess it's not "false advertising", rather a matter of full disclosure by the sellers. I attempted many things to get both devices to work as advertised including downloading the latest firmware from BlueAnt (10 mb?!!!)
    Basic problems:
    HTC Hero:

• Pairs fine
    • connects fine
    • Does NOT recognize the voice dialing of the Hero. Example - when stating " call XXX-XXX-XXXX" in instead responds "calling speed dial 1" or "calling speed dial 8", etc.
    • It will NOT respond to "call (contact name)"
    I called BlueAnt support and was told that I was correct. The BlueAnt Q1 will only respond correctly if you physically activate the voice dialer on the Hero each time you want to use it through the Q1 Bluetooth. Kind of defeats the purpose of the "hands free". He stated that it was a problem for all Androids trying to use a Bluetooth voice dialer.

BB 9630:

• Pairs fine
    • Connects fine
    • Does not respond correctly to voice commands
    • Will not respond to the "double click" to end the call.
    • The suggestion was to "remove the battery every time that happens. Most times that will clear it up for a while.
    Am I crazy? I thought I had done my research but I am extremely disappointed in the sellers of the Q1. It should not be advertised as "compatible" if it can't perform even the most basic functions you expect when purchasing a Bluetooth to begin with.

Any suggestions?
    I am sending the BlueAnt back by the way.

Thanks

12. astrobill

astrobill Well-Known Member

Guys:

Android 2.1 is supposed to have new Bluetooth features and will hopefully fix the many problems with Bluetooth on this phone...such as intermittent connectivity, etc. the question is can we wait any longer?

- Astro

13. SamuraiBigEd

Hopefully one of the new features will be text via bluetooth, my Kenwood has it, but only about three phones on the market can do it.

14. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

There are a ton of bluetooth problems, A2DP stereo bluetooth is still new, I would wait for 2.1 and I am sure it will fix your problems!

15. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

It's not really issues other than omitted BT profiles from HTC/Google...

See my post in:
    http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/59691-bt-connection-other-phones.html
    (I just didn't want to re-post what I already did.)

Fact is BT holds great promise, but frustratingly it also seems to be dismissed by hardware manufacturers...

I use Jawbone-II and it works like a charm.

16. neil1492

neil1492 Member

The Fresh2.0d fixed all of my bluetooth issues. So there are some improvements in the bluetooth software. I just had problems with it connecting to my Ford Sync when I got into the car though. So 2.1 might help with some problems you have been having.