• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth low volume

If the earbuds don't provide any volume control then the absolute volume toggle isn't really needed. Absolute Volume was introduced with Marshmallow (I think?) and lets you tie the phone and audio device volume levels together rather than controlling them independently. (Before AV, you'd basically have to set either phone or audio device to max volume and then actually control the volume from the other one.)

I've checked with a coworker running the April security patch on his Pixel 2 XL (since I'm running the Android P preview) and he says his Bluetooth earbuds (which similarly don't provide volume control) are working normally. He was able to raise the volume high enough that I could hear the music being dumped into his ears from several feet away.

Do you have another phone or device you could pair your earbuds with to test?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones