• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth PBAP functionality

trader914

Nov 28, 2010
I got the Motorola Roadster today and it supports PBAP profile. So does the EVO. When a phone call comes in, however, the device just announces the actual tel # instead of the name of the person even though the person is in my EVO's phone book.

According to the Roadster's manual, it says:

"....After pairing, you should be asked by your phone to grant phonebook access to your car kit. If prompted say "always accept'"

I am not getting this prompt.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to set this up?

I have the Kenwood BT-945U and had the same problem with not displaying contacts in the phone book. I unpaired from both the radio and the phone. (removed completely from each) I then paired them again and thats when the phone book downloaded and showed the contacts on the stereo display. Can't promise it will work but it did for me

Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat with yall. I tried impairing and pairing again. When it finally asked for phonebook access I hit always accept, it started downloading then I got a error message on my headunit "hf error 68". I called Kenwood and HTC and got no help from either. I ended up having to manually send each contact to the headunit through Bluetooth. Haven't had any problems since, and all names and numbers have been stored for some time now. It can be a pain sending contacts 1 by 1 but you only have to do it once. Hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones