• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Profiles/Contact Tranfer

BNH1971

Lurker
Nov 6, 2009
I'm wondering if Phone Book Access Profile(PBAP) is supported on the Motorola Droid. I've read that Android 2.0 supports it but it is not listed as a supported profile on Motorola's website.

Are there any menus to enable/disable profiles on the phone?

I can't get contacts to transfer to the Parrot Handsfree Kit in my car.

Thanks.

BMW 335 here, phone book does not transfer at all, can't even manually add contacts to the car because it is always attempting to transfer from the Droid the entire time i drive. My old EnV worked fine with this, so easy, this is a pain in the butt if I need to call out. THey need to edit the DROID DOES ads since it does NOT do this which is a bad mistake. HOPEFULLY they can update this soon.

Upvote 0
Tried that, just got the circle of death on my car that never ended or transferred.

Did you check to see if there was a notification on the Droid? I noticed that the transfer didn't start until I actually allowed it via the notification on the droid.

It appears as a bluetooth icon over on the upper left of the screen in the same area as text and email notifications. You have to pull the bar down, select it then hit the button to allow.

Upvote 0
Yes I checked that, nothing was there. Hopefully an update can come in the near future to correct this.

Did you check to see if there was a notification on the Droid? I noticed that the transfer didn't start until I actually allowed it via the notification on the droid.

It appears as a bluetooth icon over on the upper left of the screen in the same area as text and email notifications. You have to pull the bar down, select it then hit the button to allow.

Upvote 0
After reading and reading all the forums, I FINALLY figured it out !! Go through the normal set up with the Bluetooth on and discovery, once you have that all set there is an additional step for the Droid. You need to pull down the little message window on the top of the Droid homescreen and "allow" the transfer and it works like magic. I have struggled for 2 mos to find the answer !! PLEASE let me know how it works for you.

Upvote 0
After getting into the circle of death, I found a solution that is less than optimal, but it does download contacts.

I am using a Samsug Vibrant with Android 2.1 and I don't get any notifications.

1 Perform normal pairing.
2 After initial attempt to connect and getting "Phone Off" message.
3. Go to the bluetooth screen on the phone "tap MB PhoneSystem"
4 After a few seconds the command display will show "activating"
5 You then get the screen where you can enter a number to dial.
6. After about a minute, the phone book icon becomes active.
7. After about another minute, dialed # etc. become active.

I have about 200 numbers, it may take less time with fewer numbers.

I prefer to have no interaction with the phone just start the car and go like my old Moto phones did, but this is better then nothing.

My guess is that the phone needs an ok to download, but the notification does not come up. By initiating the connection from the phone, the authorization is not needed. (just speculation)

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones