• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth trouble after update

acbrown1957

Lurker
Feb 11, 2015
I just updated my Galaxy S5 to Lollipop 5.0. Looks like all is well except when I connect to my Pioneer car head unit via Bluetooth using Poweramp it will not auto play, display the track info or any of the controls will work. I have to control it on the phone. It was fine until It updated. I hope it is something that I am missing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

same thing for me, once connected i have to press the Bluetooth button again, or press play on my phone for the music to start (auto started in 4.4). My device doesn't have a screen though so don't know about the rest. Not sure about a fix or work around yet. I'll probably try playing around in Tasker to see what i can come up with.

Upvote 0
Hi acbrown1957,

I have the exact same issue, Galaxy S5 Lollipop and a Pioneer AVH-P3400BH. Pause/previous track/next track and meta data not working via headunit.

Which bluetooth update did you use on the headunit?

I can only find one here:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...+for+Select+2012+Pioneer+CD+and+DVD+Receivers

It mentions it is only for iOS6 and iPhone 5. Did it also work with your S5?

Hope this late reply finds you.

Thanks!
Doug

Upvote 0
I did go ahead and update the head unit with the Pioneer Update. It fixed all my problems, metadata and next/previous tracks and pause work again. It appears the AVRCP control in the Lollipop update is a newer version for the S5 that was not supported by the old version in the head unit.

If you googled this and have one of the below receivers with the same issues on a newer phone, try using the bluetooth firmware update that Pioneer supplied in the below quoted link, took me about 5 minutes to do with my Win 7 bluetooth equipped laptop.

CD Receivers

• DEH-P8400BH
  • DEH-P9400BH
  • DEH-80PRS
DVD Receivers

• AVH-P2400BT
  • AVH-P3400BH
  • AVH-P4400BH
  • AVH-P8400BH

Hi acbrown1957,

I have the exact same issue, Galaxy S5 Lollipop and a Pioneer AVH-P3400BH. Pause/previous track/next track and meta data not working via headunit.

Which bluetooth update did you use on the headunit?

I can only find one here:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...+for+Select+2012+Pioneer+CD+and+DVD+Receivers

It mentions it is only for iOS6 and iPhone 5. Did it also work with your S5?

Hope this late reply finds you.

Thanks!
Doug

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones