Boost mobile galaxy s2 unroot

1. CellBlock420

CellBlock420 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I rooted my boost mobile galaxy s2 (sph-d710bst) using framaroot.apk
    Something didnt go right and i need to unroot and revert to stock.
    Can someone help me please?

Advertisement
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Moved this thread to the Galaxy S2 (Boots Mobile) All Things Root section. :)
  3. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

If you have access to a pc, install kies (available from the rooting guide stickied at the top of this forum), then go here for taking your phone back to stock.
    http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...e-stop-shop-roms-kernels-ect.html#post5523491
    CellBlock420 likes this.
  4. danielmike

danielmike Well-Known Member

I just rooted my gs2 with framaroot yesterday also!! If you open your framaroot app again click on where it says superuser at the top then select unroot then click on frodo.. This will unroot your gs2!! I tryed the unroot to option and it totally works!! Very easy and only takes a minute.. It removed the root exploit and deletes superuser.. I didnt see busybox in this root method but be sure to get a busybox installer from the play store so you will have it..
    Shaun72 likes this.
  5. Bizzy1

Bizzy1 Well-Known Member

Silly question I know but I don't know the answer so I'm going to asked. When you unroot your phone, does that still void the warranty on it? If something did go wrong with your phone would they know it was rooted and unrooted ?

Sorry for the noob question
  6. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

Flashing it back to stock unrooted is what you do before returning the phone for a warranty issue. You want that flash counter to be reset and to be on stock with no tattletale triangle. if you can't flash back for some reason then you want to have "accident" insurance (hint hint)
  7. Shaun72

Shaun72 Well-Known Member

hey danielmike. Im glad i saw ur post on here i jst joined recently and was thinking bout roting my phone with framaroot but wanted to make sure i could unroot it also with framaroot. So will boost know it has been rooted if i needed to get a replacment or have to fixed???? I haven't had the phone long and got the insurance on it. Thanks in advance. Also how do i get the file that will unroot?
    danielmike likes this.
  8. thebeast567

thebeast567 Member

LilBit, Shaun72 and SelfElevated2 like this.
  9. Shaun72

10. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

use the fi22 and go into settings/update now just update your phone
  11. Shaun72

and this will take me back to stock like when i bought the phone??? and so i just flash this in odin PDA rite? also witch odin i use? when i go to the link witch one do i download there is like four of them
  12. Gldrz1

Gldrz1 Well-Known Member

hi let me ask you did framaroot rooted your Galaxy S2 successfully? thanks in advance