• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Hroark's Warp Kernel Source

I will make a seperate thread for any issues related to the overclock, but remember if you have a newer version of the phone, basically if it came with b08c then you will have the screen issues. As far as wifi goes check the op. There are wireless drivers to fix the issue.
My phone came with B08,had screen issues after installing it after having your rom,see page 48 and 53,lol

Upvote 0
Hroark, i think i might have found an area of interest as far as the screen wake issues go. Have you tried looking in drivers/input/touchscreen ? in the original warp source code.... there seems to be quit a few more files there then what is in the N850 source. Now whether or not that has anything to actually do with the screen wake I'm not sure, but i am going to be comparing the files to see if there are any differences. Plus i will add whatever your source is missing and let you or someone else test it to see if it fixes the issues that are being experienced. As well i have also tried a few things with the audio and once the kernel is finished building will test to see if the headset speaker is working.

Upvote 0
How I you know whether my LCD panel is Tianma or not?

Also, thank you Hroark, you're awesome and special and may have influenced my vote for President this upcoming election.

your welcome, and thank you for the compliments

Ron Paul is awesome, i am voting for him no matter what, i will write in his name, if it is not on the ballot

I am not sure how you can tell by just looking at the phone, maybe there is some hardware version or something we can identify

the best way to tell would be if you flashed one of the kernels in this thread

after it boots and you get into Android, press the power button to turn off the screen, then try to turn it back on, if all you get is a black screen, then you have the Tianma LCD

make sure you do a backup before you flash any kernel or ROM

Upvote 0
I hope using this new LCD drivers does not cause issues with people that have the old LCD panel

maybe some of you who have the old LCD can test this for me

Headset audio is still broke

test turning the screen on and off, and letting phone go to sleep

BACK UP BEFORE FLASHING

DO FULL RESTORE AFTER YOUR DONE TESTING

warp_kernel_with_LCD_fix.zip

Upvote 0
I hope using this new LCD drivers does not cause issues with people that have the old LCD panel

maybe some of you who have the old LCD can test this for me

Headset audio is still broke

test turning the screen on and off, and letting phone go to sleep

BACK UP BEFORE FLASHING

DO FULL RESTORE AFTER YOUR DONE TESTING

warp_kernel_with_LCD_fix.zip

I'll test it to see if it messes with my screen, Where did you find the fix? for others that want to know. I will be re-adding the new governors i previously mentioned, i removed them thinking it broke my environment. lol

EDIT: Is your screen working properly now?

EDIT 2: Success the screen works just fine for me with your fix flashed!!! maybe we have the screen issue out of the way now. it woke up from sleep, and turns on/off

Upvote 0
another thing about the headset audio issue

if you make a call, and bring up the the dialpad and start pressing numbers, you can hear the tones

speaker phone works

head phones work

so the problems seem that incoming audio from the modem / baseband is not getting streamed to the the headset, but everything else is fine

has anyone tested a blue toothe headset, out of curiosity ?

Upvote 0
Will underclocking be added to balance the effects of battery loss from the OC?

Lol the higher the overclock is set to the more battery you lose. The lower your frequency i set to the better the battery life. When i first tried out the overclock kernel for the Ultra the higher i would go with the frequency the more battery you lose and the lower its set to the better the battery life. The Ultra takes a good 4-5 hours from a dead battery to charge up to a full battery, and i have realize whenever i underclock to about 700 or 600mhz the phone charges within 3-4 hours. Regular battery life with the Ultra is about a good 7 hours with moderate use including 3g and gaming. Whenever i underclock to about 700mzh i would get up to a good 9 hours. Thats a 2 hour difference and horstly i rarely saw lag. I dont have much apps taking up all my ram.

Shinru once you get the frequency up to stable 1.8 i wouldnt suggest you go any higher lol thats where the Ultra starts to get hot and total battery drain within 2 hours tops even with little use .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones