• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost Mobile LG Volt $79.99 online Radioshack Big data plan here I come.

TriumphLance

Android Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2011
Hello I'm a long time Virgin Mobile customer but I hated it when they started throttling data after just 2.5 gb on the $35 plan(and all plans). I hit it mid month every month, then everything crawls. I've been eyeing all the Boost Mobile phones because of their excellent value new Big Data deal $45 5gb full speed and unlimited texts and calling(I had 300 minutes before). Searching eBay and even Boost Mobile dot com for the Volt, which is an upgrade in many ways from my HTC Desire dual core. I couldn't believe it when I stumbled across LG Volt for $79.99 online at Radio Shack. Easily the cheapest deal even cheaper than used ones on eBay. So anyone thinking of the new Big data deal on boost better get the Volt now, I can't imagine finding it any cheaper anywhere.

That is a great price, especially since the Volt is a Tri-band (Sprint Spark) device which gives you faster speeds in you're in an area upgraded to Spark.

Radio Shack - Boost LG Volt

Also only if you live in an area with a decent signal strength and coverage. I do not, despite what sprint maps and sales reps said. So, like others, I moved to T-Mobile. The $30 plan gets me 100 voice minutes, unlimited text, and 5gb of fast, strong lte data. Like night and day difference from sprint.
Otherwise, it would be a great deal on that phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones