• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

boost mobile rips off danger danger

cyberapps

Mar 7, 2012
Ripoff Report | Scams, reviews, complaints, lawsuits and frauds. File a report, post your review. Consumers educating consumers.

Above link you can read about others that been rip off by boost mobile. Think everone should read this and pass this link on.

I just found this website today and i'm happy to pass this along. in the search box type in boostmobile. read the storys there and if you been rip off repport it. Then also e-mail it to boostmobile as well and tell them that you add them to the ripoff report website maybe they well change. I call there for help what bunch of jerks%$%^ there. They should be put out of business and hsn should not be doing business with them and so samsung. also do a search on samsung and hsn.

if you search for boost like they said, you find stuff. Mostly people who bought the phones in areas where there is no service and now want refunds because they were stupid, or who paid late and lost their shrinkage, because they were stupid, or signed up for a 'text this number for this thing you can't live without' and didn't expect to have to pay the fee for it. I read a few posts, nothing that anyone with sense and the ability to read service/payment terms should be concerned about. It's just that some people would rather claim to be ripped off than admit they were idiots. It is a fun read though.

Nice of you to try to warn people though it would be helpful if there were a threat greater than ignorance.

I personally have been with boost for more than 4 years (can't recall exactly how long- possibly as many as six years- it's been 3 phones, and I tend to keep them for years) and have never had a problem with them other than the annoying series of texts for every bill (you have this much in your account, and you bill is due this date; thank you for adding funds; your bill is due pay us; thanks for your payment) but I can totally live with 4 deletable texts every month. I have a grandfathered shrinkage plan (I have an android (obviously), but started shrinkage before they changed the rate on them) and this month begins my $35 payments. There are no "tricks" keeping me from paying on time, or erroneous charges messing up my payment. I also don't 'text ###### for your daily horoscope, or text ##### for this awesome ringtone' so I don't end up with surprises that come in the form of and added 5/mo for lame text services you can get free apps for...

Upvote 0
if you search for boost like they said, you find stuff. Mostly people who bought the phones in areas where there is no service and now want refunds because they were stupid, or who paid late and lost their shrinkage, because they were stupid, or signed up for a 'text this number for this thing you can't live without' and didn't expect to have to pay the fee for it. I read a few posts, nothing that anyone with sense and the ability to read service/payment terms should be concerned about. It's just that some people would rather claim to be ripped off than admit they were idiots. It is a fun read though.

Nice of you to try to warn people though it would be helpful if there were a threat greater than ignorance.

I personally have been with boost for more than 4 years (can't recall exactly how long- possibly as many as six years- it's been 3 phones, and I tend to keep them for years) and have never had a problem with them other than the annoying series of texts for every bill (you have this much in your account, and you bill is due this date; thank you for adding funds; your bill is due pay us; thanks for your payment) but I can totally live with 4 deletable texts every month. I have a grandfathered shrinkage plan (I have an android (obviously), but started shrinkage before they changed the rate on them) and this month begins my $35 payments. There are no "tricks" keeping me from paying on time, or erroneous charges messing up my payment. I also don't 'text ###### for your daily horoscope, or text ##### for this awesome ringtone' so I don't end up with surprises that come in the form of and added 5/mo for lame text services you can get free apps for...

:eek:
LOL and for dumba$$es that paid boostmobile with a credit card etc. What I do I go to radioshack to my my bill every month. I don't know why but I do get coverage where there shouldn't be no service. Now i wish I could block my girlfriend from calling me i can't stand her calling me all the time. I should of not gave her my new phone number. :D

Upvote 0
:eek:
LOL and for dumba$$es that paid boostmobile with a credit card
Hey! I'M one of those dumba$$es! Lmao... You try finding a boost retailer in the middle of the desert, for example (Las Vegas, NM) lol. :D:p:rolleyes::p:D

But still, i have been a boost customer for almost 10 years... And i have had virtually no issues, and any time something was messes up on their end they have given me a credit to my account (between $5-25)

The one complaint i can (kinda) justify is you payment date moving back one day when your shrinkage changes (because you are starting a 'new plan')

Works good on paper, but i still disagree with it... Just saying

Upvote 0
I just found this website today and i'm happy to pass this along. in the search box type in boostmobile. read the storys there and if you been rip off repport it. Then also e-mail it to boostmobile as well and tell them that you add them to the ripoff report website maybe they well change. I call there for help what bunch of jerks%$%^ there. They should be put out of business and hsn should not be doing business with them and so samsung. also do a search on samsung and hsn.
Look up ANY cell provider. AT&T, TMobile, Verizon, Sprint you name it. They all have complaints. Charges going up every month. Customer service reading a book and do not care what you're trying to say. All kinds of nightmares!

I've been with Boost 2+ years. I jumped on their wagon when the 8330 came out. Been with them since. Never really had a problem with them. But I must include that I pay my bill ahead of time and might have fallen behind maybe twice. Both (or more) times they sent me a notice by text and gave me 24 hours to pay the bill.

I usually put $100 on my bill and just let it run down till I need to put in the next $100. They never gave me any problems with the 8330. With my Prevail I had rebooting issues and they (Samsung) took care of me. Paid for the mail out and the mail in. Hardest part was finding a suitable box.

As mrsv007 mentions some people sign up for stuff and they do not read the fine print. I set my messaging to "minimal" and they rarely send me messages. I cannot seem to do that for newer folks... not sure if it was taken out or I'm just not paying attention to the right options.

That said I would recommend Boost to anyone without batting an eye. They gave me great service and I'm sure they'll give everyone the same.

I'd also like to include at this point that I'm 3 payments away from the $35 mark and my next payment is due.... wait for it.... TOMORROW! The 21st. I also have $126 in my account! Saving money makes me so happy! :D Thanks for listening to me gloat!

EDIT: Can anyone can tell me when the Blackberry 8330 was first offered by Boost. So I know when I started with them...

Upvote 0
Hahaha, I skimmed what the OP wrote like 3 times but must have missed the most important step. btw, I've been with Boost for years and LOVE them (though I sure wish they'd give you an option 0 or something when you call them to speak to a darn live person faster) but I made 6 on-time payments but are still at $55/month...not sure why. oh shoot, but it doesn't matter I guess because I couldn't pay this month and my service got shut off today, crap!

Upvote 0
Hahaha, I skimmed what the OP wrote like 3 times but must have missed the most important step. btw, I've been with Boost for years and LOVE them (though I sure wish they'd give you an option 0 or something when you call them to speak to a darn live person faster) but I made 6 on-time payments but are still at $55/month...not sure why. oh shoot, but it doesn't matter I guess because I couldn't pay this month and my service got shut off today, crap!

Call them and complain( I did :) ), hell they might even turn your phone on for a day or two...

Upvote 0
Only time boost ripped me off was when i paid $400 for the motorola I1 only to find out they were never going to update it past android 1.5, and then they started killing the iden network off. Now i have a nice coaster for my drink.

But i'd still rather pay $400 for that phone, than get stuck in a contract paying $100+ a month.

I have only paid for my samsung galaxy prevail $99.95 from hsn. I would never buy a boostmobile phone from boostmobile.

Upvote 0
I have only paid for my samsung galaxy prevail $99.95 from hsn. I would never buy a boostmobile phone from boostmobile.

I bought prevail from best buy, came with the first month free, so it equaled up to about $120. The I1 was the very first prepaid android ever, hence the pricetag. It would be a great phone if i could get android 2.3 for it

Upvote 0
I love my Samsung Prevail on Boost. It's flashed with CTMod 3.3 (Thanks Bloodawn!). I just dropped down to $40 a month for unlimited everything. I have friends that pay $120 - $160 to get less than unlimited everything with other carriers, and my phone runs faster than theirs. I get the same service level as them, pay less, get a pretty good phone, don't get charged random fee's, etc. My hat is off to Boost.

P.S: All I can say is 6 more months till I'm down to $35 a month; a price literally no other cell phone company can compete with

Upvote 0
Hahaha, I skimmed what the OP wrote like 3 times but must have missed the most important step. btw, I've been with Boost for years and LOVE them (though I sure wish they'd give you an option 0 or something when you call them to speak to a darn live person faster)

Dial 88 when the stupid prerecorded crap starts playing. If it still works it should put you into the Dealer cue which gets answered immediately every time I've used it.

Upvote 0
Thanks to the members of this forum, which I didn't know existed before I bought my Prevail and started my $55/mo unlimited monthly no-contract arrangement with Boost, I'm happier with Boost than I may have been without being able to root and apply custom mods. So in my view this forum has made my Boost experience better for the company. And yes, the shrinkage deal is too sweet to pass up. 17 payments to go before $40/mo. I plan on taking advantage of that!

Upvote 0
I'm 2 payments away from my $35 rock bottom. Fortunately I started with them with my Prevail before they started the $5 smartphone surcharge. But I've heard people say that they've started a new account with a smartphone and after griping with the support guys on the other end they've gotten to start with $50 instead of the $55. They all had Prevails though and they all started a new account with a new phone.

YMMV.

Upvote 0
I'm 2 payments away from my $35 rock bottom. Fortunately I started with them with my Prevail before they started the $5 smartphone surcharge. But I've heard people say that they've started a new account with a smartphone and after griping with the support guys on the other end they've gotten to start with $50 instead of the $55. They all had Prevails though and they all started a new account with a new phone.

YMMV.

I had the 8330, the Prevail, and now the Marquee...

When I switched to the Marquee, my bill went up to $55, when I had been paying $50. When I thought about it, I should have been only paying $45, because I had the Blackberry before the Prevail, with on time payments, automatically withdrawn, and I consider it secure, because it is a limited account which I review all the time.

Anyway, I called and griped. Boost was very gracious and bumped me down to $45. Only one glitch, they had to reset my account, and the billing information got mixed up, so the very next day I was without service.

I called boost from the phone help menu in the morning, and they got me backup in running shortly after. I won't say it was a pleasant experience, but the Boost customer service rep was great, even following up with a call the next day, to see if everything was still okay. From the same rep!

I'll take that kind of service...

Upvote 0
I've been a Boost user from some time now and I've never had any major issues. Compared to other companies whom literally rape you for your cash, i'll stick to Boost. I'm not sure why the other companies are raising the prices so much when the services they offer costs them pennies. Sure my signal may not be the best always but it suites my needs. I text a lot anyways ;)

Upvote 0
i've been a boost user from some time now and i've never had any major issues. Compared to other companies whom literally rape you for your cash, i'll stick to boost. I'm not sure why the other companies are raising the prices so much when the services they offer costs them pennies. Sure my signal may not be the best always but it suites my needs. I text a lot anyways ;)

can i get an amen !!!~???~!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones