• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Your Rooted Warps Benchmark Scores??

Could we get an "Out of the Box" benchmark of each ROM to show what score comes up with a fresh install only with no changes or data restored and only antutu added as far as apps go, also mentioning the sd card used or using the stock 2gb card if possible?

It's fascinating that some of us have pushed 4700+, but what's the "as packaged score" for normal every day users benchmarks we are seeing?

I am going to do this test myself on a bunch of the ROMs, but if others want to jump in I would appreciate the help, maybe we could have each ROM in the OP have the "out of the box" benchmark listed first before the "tweaked out" benchmarks.

Just a thought, I find this thread really useful and want to see how we line up as released vs tweaked doing god knows what.

Thanks ya'll!

Upvote 0
Flash the rom and non-oc kernel from post 3 right after.

To me out of box is with whatever kernel it comes with.

I agree with your last statement but i think what mr bobo is trying to do is get an even baseline of all the roms but i just dont see how with all the diffrent tweaks that come "stock" with the various roms. The other way we can do it is the max out the roms using the same kernel and use a uniform set of t lets say.... maybe 3 differnt govorners and i/o.??

Upvote 0
Cyanoid 1.0
SD 32Gb Class 10
Scary/sio

screenshot-1350961282449_zps07712d4a.png

Cyanoid 1.0
SD 32Gb Class 10
smartass/sio

screenshot-1350961673689_zps7b6df0f8.png

Upvote 0
Definition "out of the box" (aka OOB)
Fresh installs with a factory data reset and a reboot. No changes made other than installing antutu from the play store.

Why?
To see how our roms score in real world (read newb) application, a lot of folks aren't tweakers etc, so they use our "OOB" settings. The devs all make choices based on person preference and/or testing.

I know the initial posts were more about how the kernel does at different settings, but I wanted to see benchmarks for different roms without making changes.

OOB Scores
AlienWarp 1.03: 4304

CT Mod 3.68: 3236

Icon Rom 2: 3259

Shinjitsu 1.5.2.4: 3488

n00b ROM OC VI: 4045

What it all means to me?
Not much actually, a ROM isn't all about benchmark scores, some go more for that obviously but others focus on theming, stability, etc.

It's just interesting to see the choices made and how they effect the scores... n00b VII for example will probably score lower in the next build because I am opting for a bit lower default OC, I put out a really early overclock kernel from dtm for n00b VI and want to update it so it defaults around 1.4, I think that's a stable speed to be running at.

Upvote 0
Thanks mrbobo
Cool to see it layed our like that.

Myself I went for theme, stable, and scores. The best of all worlds. Lol

It would be cool to get a comparison of the ROMs at the same CPU speed. That would give us a good idea of what roms are like at a comperable CPU speed.
Maybe scale the oc ones to 1ghz so there's a baseline.

Upvote 0
Its not being faked maybe you should check the 3d scores as well rather then making false accusations. If they could be faked so easily don't you think it would have been done before now? I'm working on a way to make the mod stable kernel side because it causes glitches in other apps as well as system menus

Upvote 0
Its not being faked maybe you should check the 3d scores as well rather then making false accusations. If they could be faked so easily don't you think it would have been done before now? I'm working on a way to make the mod stable kernel side because it causes glitches in other apps as well as system menus

Shin you don't have to defend yourself on this forum lol, looking forward to seeing what you are up to

Upvote 0
Its like a Mob in here. Put down the pitchforks :p

Generally when scores are way above everyone else's its usually due to one of the many ramdisk tweaks developers have made to greatly increase benchmark scores without actually affecting device performance. That's what I was getting at.

I'm sorry if that originally sounded overly accusational, its hard to tell a developer or regular member making a post on tapatalk. It was a hasty response and wasn't meant to accuse, just to point out that they can and have been faked.

If you've found something to truly increase your devices performance that much, more power to you. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones