• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost no longer receiving voice-to-texts from Spectrum Voicemail

SedaRay

Lurker
Sep 30, 2023
About the time Boost introduced the Boost One app I started missing voicemail texts which I've set to forward from my Spectrum landline to my Boost cellphone.
I've had no trouble receiving these texts from noreply@spectrum.net for many years until a few months ago.

The email of the text transcription arrives successfully (with and without the audio file attached).

My theory is that most texts that come from businesses use a 5-digit number, whereas Spectrum forwards its voicemail using the email noreply@spectrum.net.
I can't find any other examples of texts from email. Any application/browser extension seems to use a phone number to forward.

I really miss knowing what my home phone voicemail contains when out with my cellphone. I really hope this isn't the fault of Boost because I like them - and their prices. Been with them many years.

Any ideas?

The voicemail arrives on the Spectrum.net voicemail website.
The email arrives to my email inbox.
THE TEXT DOES NOT ARRIVE to my cellphone.
Yes I've got open tickets on both providers.

I'm posting here hoping someone has Spectrum Voicemail and is successfully (or unsuccessfully) forwarding their message texts to a Boost phone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones