• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boosting Cell Phone Reception

So, I don't exactly know if this works or not nor can I explain the theory behind it however; it has shown some positive effects on my phone.

First off, I currently use a very cheap German network which is fine until you cross the Rhine river and enter France. From there, I'm about 6 km away from the river. When I get into the office for work, I pretty much lose all reception as the building is concrete.

What I found out is that you can easily boost your cell phone reception by taking the USB connector cable that is included with every phone and using it as base coil. What I mean is that you coil it up neatly and place your phone on it. If i left my phone on my desk, the signal drops to 0 and I begin to roam. But if I use the coil, 2 bars will remain allowing me to receive text messages and maybe make a phone call or two if I really need to.

Try it out and tell me if it works for you guys.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones