• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[BOOT ANIM]DC Online game and hexagons, 1024x576

Here are two of my first boot animations for ICS. I created them for my HP Touchpad running CM9 Alpha 2 with the latest nightly KANG as of posting. I have not tested it on any other Android platforms (since I only use ICS), but feel free to try it out. I did not create nor own the contents in the animations. I just put them together.

In ICS, use ES File Explorer and put them into the root folder /data/local. Rename the one you want to use to 'bootanimation.zip'. Go to /system/media and rename the 'bootanimation.zip' to 'bootanimation.zip.bak' to back it up in case something goofs. By putting them in the /data/local folder, it persists through updates.

One is a short clip of Superman from the DC Universe Online trailer and the other is a gold hexagonal wave. Enjoy!:D

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device. Please mod your device at your own risk.

RESOLUTION: 720x405 stills, playback at 1024x576@30fps. Meant for tablets, but could work on phones if screen resolution is high enough.

linky

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones