• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Boot-loop problem

My indulge was messing up and decided it needed to reboot last night, well now its stuck in a reboot loop.It turns on, boots to Samsung logo then turns off, I can't get into recovery or anything, I cant even flash it does the same thing even if its plugged into a usb.What do I do now? I haven't installed any apps recently or really messed with anything.

My indulge was messing up and decided it needed to reboot last night, well now its stuck in a reboot loop.It turns on, boots to Samsung logo then turns off, I can't get into recovery or anything, I cant even flash it does the same thing even if its plugged into a usb.What do I do now? I haven't installed any apps recently or really messed with anything.

So your phone is stock and not rooted correct?

Upvote 0
So nobody has any ideas on what to do?

If u can't get into recovery can u get it into download mode? My first guess was to go into cwm and reflash basix because it wrkd for me when my phone went into bootloops, but since ur unable to the nxt thing I can think of is to use Odin. U might wanna go into IRC and see if someone there can help u first before doing so.

Upvote 0
If u can't get into recovery can u get it into download mode? My first guess was to go into cwm and reflash basix because it wrkd for me when my phone went into bootloops, but since ur unable to the nxt thing I can think of is to use Odin. U might wanna go into IRC and see if someone there can help u first before doing so.

Tried to get into download mode but it still turns off, that was one of the third things I tried.There are never many people on IRC and it seems dead.So I assume bringing it to metro is not a good idea?

Upvote 0
Tried to get into download mode but it still turns off, that was one of the third things I tried.There are never many people on IRC and it seems dead.So I assume bringing it to metro is not a good idea?
Sorry its taking so long to reply but life is really busy right now :D. Thats really weird that you cant even keep the phone in dwnload mode, I would try IRC again before taking the phone into Metro. Do what you can to clear it of Root before taking the phone back, im sure someone will see your post in IRC but you have to post your issue then stay in there for awhile, ppl are there it just might take some time for them to get to ya ;)

Upvote 0
I understand, sorry but I'm not waiting anymore,5 days without a phone is too long.There's no way its going to work.I'm bringing it into Metro...no offense but I blame this on Basix :/

How would Metro even be able to tell anyway?

Yeah 5 days without ur phone is crazy!!! Ive had Basix installed since it was released and fortunately I haven't had any issues other then the bootloops from erasing my launcher but that got fixed with a quick reflash :D I'm srry I couldn't help u with ur issue and since no one else can help at this time I would take the phone in too. I'm sure Metro wont find out the phone is rooted but it is always better to unroot if possible, again srry I couldn't help you and good luck.

Upvote 0
Yeah 5 days without ur phone is crazy!!! Ive had Basix installed since it was released and fortunately I haven't had any issues other then the bootloops from erasing my launcher but that got fixed with a quick reflash :D I'm srry I couldn't help u with ur issue and since no one else can help at this time I would take the phone in too. I'm sure Metro wont find out the phone is rooted but it is always better to unroot if possible, again srry I couldn't help you and good luck.

Thanks, I appreciate your help. Trust me, taking it into Metro was the last thing I've wanted to do but it seems like an appropriate choice. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0
This happened to me last night, after extremely long boot loop, I went into cwm and did a dalvic wipe and re-booted..... its took forever! i thought it was going to keep looping but it finally turned back on... I feel like turning in my phone an using the manufacter warranty and getting a new one, but i already done it once before so im not sure if i can.

Upvote 0
This happened to me last night, after extremely long boot loop, I went into cwm and did a dalvic wipe and re-booted..... its took forever! i thought it was going to keep looping but it finally turned back on... I feel like turning in my phone an using the manufacter warranty and getting a new one, but i already done it once before so im not sure if i can.

i decided to reboot my phone randomly for no particular reason about an hour ago, first boot gave me an error "system process failed to start" or system process not responding" before my launcher or anything loaded, i'm assuming it happened just after the boot splash. I had to take the battery out because the 2 options it gave me (force close/wait) were neither responding, i booted into recovery cleared caches then rebooted, the device took 24 minutes to get passed the boot splash. 1time something like this has happened to me personally

Upvote 0
Hehehe. Hilarious what some people will blame their problems on. :D

You should have pulled the battery and plugged into USB without it. That would eliminate the battery as the source of the turning-off, and allow you to easily Odin.

Wow what a wonderful idea there k0nane! Too bad I'm not an idiot and that was the FIRST thing I tried.That doesn't work, you cannot operate the phone without the battery in try it even if it is plugged in via USB, thought a dev would know that.Try it yourself buddy tell me how it goes.

Upvote 0
Wow what a wonderful idea there k0nane! Too bad I'm not an idiot and that was the FIRST thing I tried.That doesn't work, you cannot operate the phone without the battery in try it even if it is plugged in via USB, thought a dev would know that.Try it yourself buddy tell me how it goes.

Where do you get off dumping on him like that? The guy is trying to help you solve your problem and offered up what he thought might be a helpful solution. The fact that it didn't work is kinda irrelevant - he took some of his time to try to help you and you dump on him? As if it's his fault?

Nice...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones