• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bootanimation.zip Problems...

I have a rooted Samsung Prevail runing Android 2.3.5 GB, I want to change the boot animation but I don't have a bootanimation.zip file on the phone. Instead I have bootani.qmg and samsungani.qmg. When I was running Froyo with the Shabbymod rom I would just push the bootanimation to /data/local/ but that doesn't work either.

Any ideas??

I have a rooted Samsung Prevail runing Android 2.3.5 GB, I want to change the boot animation but I don't have a bootanimation.zip file on the phone. Instead I have bootani.qmg and samsungani.qmg. When I was running Froyo with the Shabbymod rom I would just push the bootanimation to /data/local/ but that doesn't work either.

Any ideas??
Remove or add null extension to the bootani.qmg and samsungani.qmg Those are in the /system/media folder then just us a file manager that will let you copy to the /system folder place the new bootanimation.zip in /system/media folder.

Upvote 0

Any ideas??

you either have to flash KoumaKernel 1.0, CTMod or CM7 to enable custom boot animations

Upvote 0
Remove or add null extension to the bootani.qmg and samsungani.qmg Those are in the /system/media folder then just us a file manager that will let you copy to the /system folder place the new bootanimation.zip in /system/media folder.

I did that and it removes the samsung but does not load the bootanimation.zip file it just gos black screen.

Renamed samsungani.qmg to samsung.null
bootani.qmg to bootani.null

Upvote 0
Here is a bootanimation.zip file loaded from CWM Recovery ... Load Zip ... Zip from external sdcard ....
https://mega.nz/#!CJJGTALI!iPSFTpPcIrSTcx5JwPZKOkpyUhiD9NXYqdWRUkracWI

Samsung Logo Animation from S7 and some Music from the S7 that I picked that I liked... Installs the .qmg and .ogg files
to the system/media/audio/ui/BST folders in the right places... I added support for BST Boost Mobile to support my SPH-M840 Tested... Your Phone Needs To Be Rooted...

You can modify the zip file... extract the zip.. modify your files and use like winrar to rezip
That's the way I did it.. to make my second BootAnimation variation. Trying to rename and copy files using a file manager on the phone itself..... is too much work.. better to just flash a working BootAnimation.zip file that has the right file names sent to the right paths... and replace the animation and sound using the "new" replacements.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones