• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bootloader and ROM Help !! Flashing custom ROM with SD Card...

EscUser

Jan 25, 2015
hey... I have a HTC Inspire 4G. Details are given below:
Android Version: 2.3.5
Software Number: 3.20.502.63 710RD
H-Boot: 2.00.0030
Radio: 26.09.13.17_M
S-Off
Bootloader Locked! and not Rooted (Because I can't connect it to Computer, not solving driver problem :( )

Today I read from here that I can install RUU by renaming the zip file to "PD98IMG.zip" and placing it to SD Card and rebooting to Bootloader... It works fine when I tried it on the ROM from HTC Download website of HTC Inspire 4G but it can't work with any other zip file I tried... If I put zip file of another ROM and boot to bootloader, then bootloader does Load the zip file but after loading it, it shows the sign "Parsing the zip File"

10955947_768989376518935_2118695881_n.jpg

and then next go to boot menu... o_O

10922144_764825990268607_371798434_n.jpg

The point is,
> I can't connect to computer there for No Bootloader-Unlocking and Rooting :mad:
> Not only windows, mobile can't connect to Ubuntu... I have tried EVERYTHING :(
> I want to install ROM which is based on Android 4.0+ :oops:

Can I take advantage of S-Off ?? :paperbagdroid:

An ruu will check the customer id and software version of the phone, and if it's not intended for your model & CID (region+carrier) or contains older software than you already have then it won't run.

You cannot install a custom ROM this way: those zip files have a completely different content and are intended to be flashed from recovery, not from hboot. And the stock recovery won't flash them as they are not signed by HTC, you need a custom recovery for that.

So you need to sort out the PC connection so that you can unlock. Have you looked in our Inspire 4G All Things Root forum for instructions and advice for this device?

If you could S-Off then you'd have more flexibility, but you'll need to connect to a computer to do that (at least that is true for HTC models I'm familiar with, so I'm assuming that is true here). And S-Off doesn't change anything I said above; it would give you more freedom with different cids, but unless there is a 4.0 RUU for the Inspire 4G but not for your region/branding that won't help you (you can't run another phone's ruu, and you'd have a brick if you managed to do it).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
An ruu will check the customer id and software version of the phone, and if it's not intended for your model & CID (region+carrier) or contains older software than you already have then it won't run.

You cannot install a custom ROM this way: those zip files have a completely different content and are intended to be flashed from recovery, not from hboot. And the stock recovery won't flash them as they are not signed by HTC, you need a custom recovery for that.

So you need to sort out the PC connection so that you can unlock. Have you looked in our Inspire 4G All Things Root forum for instructions and advice for this device?

I have searched almost everywhere and could not find any way to connect my HTC to computer...
by the way, I do have a zip file which is HTC signed... can't we make some changes in it and use it ?? :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones