• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bootup screen graphic error Galaxy S I9000 (Froyo 2.2 and Voodoo lagfix)

Hello! So.. I have this problem. When I startup my Galaxy S I9000 (after updating to Froyo 2.2 - official and installing Voodoo lag fix), in the first screen, the one with the name of the phone, for a second it apears a strange graphics error, like a a bunch of pixels on the screen. After that the bootup runs as normal and the phone starts with no other errors. This error happens every time I start the phone. Also in the quadrant benchmark my score is 1520. Isn't that a little small for a galaxy s with froyo and lagfix installed? Can it have any connection with that error? Did anyone else have the same problem?

I asked the same question like you a week ago, and found out that it's actually normal with voodoo preview, and has no negative impact on phone's performance. I flashed voodoo snapshot later on, and it doesn't happen with it. About the score, it's pretty standard for any ext4 lagfix, including voodoo. Quadrant scores do not mean anything really, it's the phone's responsiveness and how you feel with it that matters. Only way to get quadrant score higher than 1500-1600 is by using a different lagfix scheme (ext2, jfs) which could cause data corruption, but i've read that it's unlikely. Even so, i like how my phone is with stock jpa firmware and voodoo snapshot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones