• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brain Fart of the Day

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
We all have those brain fart moments and as I get older they seem more frequent. I thought it would be fun to share those brain farts to lessen that "I can't believe I did that" feeling. Don't leave me hangin' here... share yours.

I'll start. The other day I was working on a mower. When I went to replace the screws I had removed, I couldn't find my screwdriver. I just had it.... I retraced all of my steps looking for it. It was just gone. I finally gave up and went to the shed to get another screwdriver. After I finished replacing the screws I put the screwdriver in my back pocket. It was at that moment that I found the missing screwdriver.. it was also in my back pocket.

A bonus brain fart while I'm talking about mowers. I mow commercially and haul my mowers in a traditional mowing trailer with a drop down ramp in the rear. A number of years ago I was mowing the deep well pump stations for the city. They are all located out in the country. I finished my last station and headed back into town driving over three miles at 55mph when I realized I had not put the ramp up. It's a wonder I didn't catch the countryside on fire with all of the sparks I had to be leaving behind me dragging that ramp.

Just this week, I was watching this really crazy TV show on A&E called, "Billy The Exterminator". He's trying to catch two squirrels in a woman's house bare handed. He catches one and says, "It bite me, Now I have rabies". It ended up that he didn't rabies, but it's really stupid to try and catch a squirrel bare handed

Watch Billy the Exterminator Full Episodes, Video & More | A&E

Upvote 0
I've seen episodes of Billy. He's not known for being clever. :)

When I was working I always had the coffee maker set to have my coffee ready when I got up. I was famous for messing up the process of making the coffee the night prior. I'd leave the lid up and the water would drip back into the reservoir instead of the coffee grounds or forgetting to add the coffee or some brain fart or another. About once a month or so, such a mundane routine of making coffee was botched. No excuse.. just botched.

This happens to me 50% of the time I go to microwave my coffee!

I'm a sucker for the TikToks where they mow terribly overgrown/abandoned yards for free.
I've mowed for free a few times.. but never by choice. :)

I once received a call saying that a neighbor that I mowed had given them my number. I was familiar with the block of homes so I gave them a price over the phone. They agreed to my price so I went by to mow the yard. I did my normal mow and trimmed all grass off of the hard surfaces as the Mr. and Mrs. sat on their porch watching me. I didn't turn the yard into "Better Homes & Gardens" but it probably had never looked so sharp. I walked up to the porch to get my money. They both thanked me and acknowledged the yard looked great. However, they hadn't called me or hired me. I had mowed the wrong yard.

That story is hilarious lol... did they at least tip you?

And free is never really free. I bet the TikTok Mowers are making a killing from revshare on the TikTok ads plus new business inquiries for their company. But good for them, using good deeds as marketing.
I received nothing beyond a genuine thank you. My tip was to be certain I mowed the correct lawn moving forward. :)

I have numerous funny mow stories. Twenty five years or more ago I was invited into a lady's home for "personal" compensation for my mowing. I declined being a faithful married man.

I once was invited to join a pool party of young ladies after I finished mowing. I turned that invitation down as well.

It's a shame that I'm as faithful as an old dog. :) Both incidents would be considered brain fart moments by many. :)

Anyone else notice the "?" above is linked to spam?

A couple of the sites I admin at have live links options enabled. I continually have to edit members postings to remove spam links. (C&P does not know the difference twixt the article link and the spam link)

When the full linkie is full of spam I usually use the unlinking tool and kill the full link or put it in a php box.

PHP:
Watch Billy the Exterminator Full Episodes, Video & More | A&E

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
Billy The Exterminator, what a show that was :ROFLMAO:

Turtle Man was a hoot too

billy.png

'Billy the Exterminator' pleads guilty to misdemeanor drug charge

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Years ago we owned a gas range. The oven vented out of the back right burner area. One evening I decided I'd make some chocolate chip cookies for the family. After the cookies had cooled I was going to put them in our largest Tupperware bowl to keep only to find that it was only about two inches tall.
I had placed it over the oven vent and it had slowly melted into the burner.

lol, back when I got out of high school I moved out of the parents crib into a townhouse thing in a complex.

I was working a well paying job and was a party animal on the weekends.

One Friday I came in from work and put some chocolate chip cookie dough in the oven to make cookies and went to take a shower.

Phone rings and I decide to go stay with a girlfriend for the weekend, forgetting about the cookies ....

It was a self cleaning electric stove/oven and when I came in on Sunday nite the cookies were just little dabs of carbon on the cookie sheet ....

Upvote 0
My oldest daughter had a friend spend the night years ago. I baked CC cookies for a treat for them. I suspect the visitor had never had a warm home made cookie. She landed on those cookies like a vulture and I should have limited her consumption. She literally tossed her cookies before the night was over.

Upvote 0
Before computers I read books .. lots of them ... mostly fiction/horror.

I have/had a full collection of older Steven King hard bound books, why some are gone is another story for another day.

I just downloaded a hand full of novels and will get around to reading them.
Holly is on my pending list, Fairy Tale just became available so it's now on my Kindle.
Way back when I had almost every actual book from him, probably up until The Stand or around there. Moved a few times and the books didn't come with me, they're still safe though!

Reactions: BrickHouse
Upvote 0
For lack of space as my family grew in numbers, I moved all of my books to my shed. Years when by before I revisited that library. The books looked find but had an incredible bug stink on them. I brought in the Hobbit trilogy for one of my daughters to read and within a day that stink was all over the house. I took every last book I had ever owned to the dump.

• Wow
Reactions: BrickHouse
Upvote 0
For lack of space as my family grew in numbers, I moved all of my books to my shed. Years when by before I revisited that library. The books looked find but had an incredible bug stink on them. I brought in the Hobbit trilogy for one of my daughters to read and within a day that stink was all over the house. I took every last book I had ever owned to the dump.
Hydrogen peroxide
Get a clean rag damp and gently wipe the covers. (Micro fiber works well for this.) Stand the books on edge to dry. The object is to kill what causes the oder.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
The books are long gone. I thought about treating them. The problem was not the covers for the books were stacked together on shelves. it was the top of all the pages were brown and some were discolored up to a quarter inch onto each page. I appreciate the thought.

Sad to think of a library going that way.

• Sad
Reactions: ozonetrooper
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones