• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bricked Desire. Only boots to fastboot and can't RUU

morts

Lurker
Jun 7, 2011
The story so far:

I flashed my phone with CM7 and tried to download the google apps package. After doing some research, I found out that you needed CWM3 to make that work, so I set about trying to install that.

Along the way, I installed AlphaRev custom Hboot to get the S-Off flag set.

Somehow that nuked my recovery partition and every time I tried to boot into recovery, I'd just get stuck on the Joker screen

I tried to flash a CWM3 image to the recovery partition by using Fastboot but that did nothing.

Next, I tried to flash a stock T-Mobile (UK) RUU, but that didn't work either and by extension killed my screen.

Now, my phone only boots to fastboot, has no display output and I can't seem to flash it with a generic RUU, even with a goldcard installed. I get bootloader error 140 when I try.

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones