• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked HTC One V

Annexx

Lurker
Jul 26, 2013
I was new to rooting HTC phones, I had a droid when they first came out and I flashed custom roms almost daily. Anyways I unlocked the bootloader and installed CWM. I swear I made a nandriod backup but it was not there when I tried to go back. I accidentally flashed a GSM rom on my CDMA phone not paying attention. So I am trying to save it. From my understanding I need to relock the bootloader, flash the recovery-signed.img, then let the ruu do its thing. I think the phone has enough battery life to do all this. My questions are am I correct with what I need to do and in that order? Also I havent been able to find the recovery img or an RUU that I need. The phone was upated to the newest OTA updates before it was rooted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok you do not need to ruu or any of that. You just need to flash a working cdma rom and its accompanying boot kernel (boot.img). There are a number that work with the new OTA updated devices. The three I have posted do when using the attached boot.img for the rom. And also there are others on the xda htc one v forums. Try installing a cdma rom before you go through the trouble of installing the ruu etc.

I would also suggest changing your recovery app to TWRP instead of CWM. It seems to me that it works better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones