• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked P769

jwils129

Lurker
Mar 8, 2015
For starters, I easily and successfully rooted and installed CWM Recovery on my T-Mobile LG Optimus L9 (P769). I got cocky. So without doing the research I should have, I tried flashing a new ROM via a zip file. Without unlocking the bootloader. Yes, I did it, and now I can boot up normally, sort of. When the OS would normally take over, I get a white screen that says 'Encrypting' with what looks to be a loading bar going absolutely nowhere and a button labeled 'Reset Phone' that simply restarts the device into the exact same state. When the battery drains, I get an opportunity to go into the settings through the normal low batt. dialog. I truly don't care about data loss at this point as I have my music and photos backed up to MS OneDrive. I just would like my phone back. I've tried a few of the normal unbricking methods to no avail. I'm not the best with this whole ordeal (Obviously, I tried a ROM w/o unlocking the bootloader) But I understand the general terminology. Please help me out here if you can. I have the stock KDZ already if that helps. Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones